Guaranteed MOS on Contract
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Guaranteed MOS on Contract

Poolees,

I've done my share of reading over the last six or seven months and everything I've read has been explicitly clear that the Marine Corps does not guarantee you a specific MOS in your contract, only an aptitude area. However, I was speaking with a recruiter on Monday and he said, point blank, that my exact, specific MOS will be guaranteed on the contract I sign. I'm curious if this is in fact the current situation and, as you are those who are dealing with recruiters with regularity and have in some instances just signed your contracts, I figured you'd be the ones to go to.

Like I said, everything I've read has been very clear that the USMC will not guarantee a specific MOS, only an aptitude area, but the recruiter said specifically that my MOS "will be guaranteed on the contract." I was surprised when he said this, and I'm looking for the most up-to-date perspective on this.

Thanks

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Are you reserves? That's the only way I've heard of that happening.

The only way a specific MOS is assigned is for Reserves. Active duty are assigned programs like (UH- Infantry option) which has all infantry MOS's within the option.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am going Active Duty, perhaps he was under the impression that I am going Reserves? He asked me and I said Active, though. How do I approach this situation with him when we speak again tomorrow? I don't want to say that what he told me was not factual, because it may have been a misunderstanding in where we were each coming from.

Any suggestions on how I take the question up with him?

Just tell him that you have spoken to other poolees about it and their recruiter said they can't have a specific job unless they go Active Duty.

Thread Information