Nasty Army - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nasty Army

Ugh, I hate civilians sometimes. Especially foreigners. They don't understand and more than likely never will.

I'm gonna get a little off topic by using a historical reference, but when the raid at Pearl Harbor took place, most all the crews on the ships in port were asleep in their racks, save for the Watchstanders and cooks. **** started blowing up and everyone was moving and trying to fight back no matter what they were wearing. There would have been alot more dead Sailors and Marines at Pearl Harbor if they had tried to put their uniforms on before taking action. I think the Soldier in question did the right thing by getting his ass on the line asap.

I at no point questioned whether or not the soldier was doing the right thing. I even said he did the right thing, and I give him props for responding quickly and effectively.

I'm saying someone the night before messed up in allowing him to go to sleep in a bright red, not tactical in the least, t-shirt. He should have at least been sleeping in something more tactical.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This poolee found it interesting that the Army soldier was wearing a bright red shirt, as the soldier would stick out more than a properly uniformed soldier.

You don't rate to talk in here, poolee. This is a Marine only area. Out, out NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...er-shorts.html

*sigh* Need we really say more about how nasty the army is? They just keep giving us more and more reasons.

Sure, it's a funny story, but pretty unsat. In the middle of a war such as Afghanistan, should a U.S. servicemember really be sleeping out of uniform??
    Like that Pete0331 said, manning the line at a patrol base requires your gear(which is always next to you) and your respective weapon(which never leaves your side).

Cammie bottoms and bloused boots were the last thing I though about during incoming at a patrol base.

You just don't have time, Devil Dog.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Going from what I know of the article,
    and if I was his squad leader:

Unless he was on QRF I don't care if he's not in boots/utes,
    as long as it's tactical/military PT gear.
    I wouldn't even mind if he was wearing civilian style PT gear/undergarments as long as they were a some what tactical color.
    Being forward deployed to a patrol base sucks, every little thing that can make my guys comfortable should be encouraged as long as it doesn't hurt the ability of the unit to wage war.

Big red t-shirt would be a major no no.
    Just because PFC Coed Bootcamp thinks he's safe sleeping in his sandbag bunker
    doesn't mean that Mustafa bin Durka won't sent an RPG wakeup call.

Be ready for anything at all times.
    I completely agree with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stMarDiv0302 View Post
    Poor kid.
    Oohrah, sir, and welcome to the site! It's rare that we have someone of your rank grace our beloved forums, so please make yourself right at home, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Oohrah, sir, and welcome to the site! It's rare that we have someone of your rank grace our beloved forums, so please make yourself right at home, sir.
    Thanks, Lance Corporal. It does seem like mostly enlisted folk here, but I think I'll manage.

Thread Information