higher rating for dissability - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Who ever your service officer was didn't do a very good job...PUT IN AN APPEAL TOMORROW ..... If I did your claim you be unemployable due to increased pain, restricted mobility, and whatever else I could come up with....Don't dick around with these people they are not your friend. The VA system was told to cut cost any way they can...even at your expense.

so ya wanna do my calim...lol

Im waiting for the responce from Fridays meeting to see what they say in the mean time Im gonna get ahold of my local V.A clinic and get another app. to see a orthapedic sergon, until then I have to wait to hear form them to see what the latest is.
    the Doc on friday seemed very sympathic but that could have been a load, I dont know, I hope he saw things my way but only time will tell

thanks brothers
    Semper Fi

Keep Filing!!!

Supredave I 'm on my second go around and it does work so keep filing they will have to listen they are just slow at times.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by supredave View Post
    I am currently at 20 % 10% on each Knee both service related and I dont understand the rating system I cant stand for more than 2 1/2 hrs or sit for more than 2 1/2 hrs, I was asked why I dont use a cane when I walk by the VA doc. and all I get is 10 % on each Kneen how do they determine the rating and how do I get it increased, Loosing my Job after 19 yrs 11 months 3 weeks and going back into the "regular" work force just aint an option for me and I dont know what to do. I have been out since July of 89 and have been fortunate to work at a job where it would accomidate me in breaks and lunch breaks, but I dont know what to do know. Any help would be great, thaks ihn advance.

SEMPRE FI
    DAVE

You have received many suggestions and I have one more for you, based on my personal experience. Since you are service connected, like me, all you have to do is make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon so you can tell him what's wrong and you can decide if you have confidence in him. Your objective is to get knee replacement surgery, it will change your life immediately as far as pain goes. I lived with the same deal for 30 years (wounded in Vietnam '68) and was rated at 80% disabled but after I had the surgery I went to the DAV and requested to be reevaluated. Shortly after I got a letter from the "Tiger Team" saying that my disability had been raised to 100% due to unemployability. As the "Tiger Team" explained in the letter their charter was to expedite claims based on past history, whatever that means.

What I'm encouraging you to do is ACT NOW. The longer you wait to the longer it will drag on, by the way patience is a must for this process.
    Good Luck

Credits
    Savings
    Check out www.hadit.com because they have a lot of stuff and you can ask questions an get their response. The people have a lot of dealing with the VA and give some good advise from what I have seen posted.

Ok update for everyone
    I had my app. with the VA and I get a letter that states I have arthritis in my L knee and the R if fine (BS) then I get a letter from the VA that states that there is not going to be an increase in disability due to the fact that there is no arthritis, come on WTF, what am I gonna do NOW help a brotha out devil dogs I dont know wha to do, I still have the original 20% but they say that I dont get a higher rating and I only have problems with 1 knee and yet they say I have a problem with the other knee but wont give me a higher rating

Im lost in the system arent I

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

SuperDave:

How old are you ? Yes, age may be a factor if you are one of these newer vets like being less then 35 years of age. I don't know how much your guys are following DC but there are new changes coming down the pike for the VA system and it may put many of us back into the work force just saying.

Anyways, you will need to keep fighting there system, find a good service officer or clams officer don't take no for your answer keep at it nothing is free even our disabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by supredave View Post
    Ok update for everyone
    I had my app. with the VA and I get a letter that states I have arthritis in my L knee and the R if fine (BS) then I get a letter from the VA that states that there is not going to be an increase in disability due to the fact that there is no arthritis, come on WTF, what am I gonna do NOW help a brotha out devil dogs I dont know wha to do, I still have the original 20% but they say that I dont get a higher rating and I only have problems with 1 knee and yet they say I have a problem with the other knee but wont give me a higher rating

Im lost in the system arent I

IM 42 and I have a service related disability but not combat related, thanks for the info

Thread Information