Prior service Marine returning to active duty questions - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarter73 View Post
    GC5953... I have been in the PSEP process for a return to Active Duty since mid-February of this year. I'm in no way bashing your physical shape or PFT ability, but my Recruiter said that with my score (292) and past record in the Corps of PFT's (300's) will look favorable on my package being accepted. Not sure if he waas just saying that or not. What I have learned through out this process is the Recruiter really doesn't know much and has little impact on the process. They gather the information and submit it up to the District level. Once it leaves the Recruiter's office he can't check it's status or anything. During my broken time, I worked for the MCRC as a GS civilian employee, and a few of my contacts still work down there, so I've been able to track the PSEP package all along. My Recruiter has been blown away at the amount of tracking and info I've been able to garner as the months have past. Once you have that package submitted send me a PM and I'll give you the name and phone number of the contact there at MCRC, Quantico that can help you with updates on the status of your package. Believe me, it will keep you sain through a very trying process.

They do look at your past service record, awards, PFT's, Rifle Score's ETC... they only want to let the best back in, that being said, once that package leaves the District and is received at the Region you are pretty much in there. The Region doesn't really kick them back, that's the District's job.

In addition to the MEPS physical, you will need to run a full PFT for the Recruiter before the package is sent off. Obviously you want to shine as brightly as you can as you are competing for space.

Your record needs to be free of any NJP's or Courts Martial... no waivers given.

I am in my final stage of approval, as my package is with the Monitor section. I should be swearing in and signing my new contract this coming week.

So starting in mid-February and finishing up in mid-May is hardly a month is it...

The reason they are telling you to hurry up is the space is limited, but the good news is once October rolls around more space and more MOS's will open back up.

I've been training for 6 months, running, crunches, and pull ups to get myself back in Marine Corps shape to keep up with the youngsters at MOS school, as I too have to lat-move.

For the record, I'm 35 and have been out for 10 years. The only waivers I needed were for being out more than 3 years, and a tattoo waiver. I got both of my tattoo's during my first enlistment, and they were annotated on my exit physical. That said, for the PSEP package they will require a waiver for any ink on your body.

Please feel free to send me a PM with any questions you may have, as at this point I'm like an expert on PSEP packages... that and my former mos was ADMIN...

I know my way around the MCO's and have been a big help to my Recruiter in getting this package together and submitted.

Best of luck...
    Going through the process right now, my package is at Region and I'm awaiting a thumbs up or down from them. I've been working on this for quite sometime. Began 6 Jan 2010 to be exact. Obviously had to wait due to FY10 PSEP order. Recruiters, and MEPS dragged their feet, and displayed an incompetence abbreviated with my favorite four letters GAFF. I just hope Region doesn't subsrcibe to this four letter creo as well.

Any info of what I should expect next..

Last edited by SgtCherry; 09-30-10 at 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

I'm going through this process right now. My PSEP Package is at the District level at the moment. On Oct 1st I have to go see the X.O of the San Diego recruiting office for an interview before they endorse my package and send it on up. Being an EOD Tech in the reserves right now I'm hoping everything goes well. As part of the package I even put in a copy of the email traffic between my Gunny and the EOD monitor. The monitor says he'll take me just as long as this get's sent up and according to the Marine Corps Times there's still plenty of boatspaces left. *crosses fingers*

Thread Information