A very depressing, yet exciting day...
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

A very depressing, yet exciting day...

Today was my last day at work. After 9 years of landscaping in South Florida, today I laid down my shovel at 3:10 and sat down by the irrigation pipe I'd just fixed and looked at the hole I filled in.

I shed some tears. It's all I've known since I was in high school. The drive home was just me and my diesel truck, no radio, no music, no phone. Just me and my truck.

I'm so excited to leave on monday and start my new life in the Corps! But I'm going to miss so much back here. I guess I'll learn to cope. I won't have time to miss it I'm sure, but man, it's going to be strange.

Sorry, I just felt like getting that off my chest. It's so hard to think of what I'm leaving behind in order to venture off into the unknown. But thats what seperates the men from boys!

Take care ya'll...and take everyday you have as a civi in the DEP for everything its worth. Hug your parents, your brothers and sisters, enjoy your job. Enjoy school. And when you get to the Corps, love the hell out of It!!!

Good luck bro

That was some good stuff! Good luck to you

Good luck

thanks bro, good luck man.

Awesome! Thats motivating. Can you believe Sunday is only three days away? When you get to Jville my last name is Marley. Ill see you there.

good luck and I look forward to hearing back from you when you graduate.

Good luck to both of you guys going in this coming week. Can't wait to hear from you when you get back.

I know for me too it will be kinda hard leaving work for the last time. I've built many good relationships with the people and management and even customers. But I am giving myself 3 weeks off instead of just a few days to relax and mingle more with family before I depart.

Boblasek, Thanks a lot. Its going to be a hard journey, but I am going to just try and remain focused on my goal of graduating. I know how you feel about leaving friends and family. A lot of my friends are graduating from FSU and moving on this summer. The girl I was talking to is going to be long gone when i get back. It wasn't anything serious but its still pretty weird. Im going to miss all the going away parties, but somehow i think becoming a Marine is a little more important. Good luck with your goals, you will be leaving right when I get back, hope all goes well for you.

My buddy will be shipping with ya. Last name's Langworthy. Just say you know butterbean. Though I'll doubt their will be any time for chitchat hahah. Good luck bro.

We all go through the same thing, bro. Don't ever feel alone. You are in this Journey to the Title TOGETHER with your future brothers and sisters. Focus on helping those around you and instill that in your fellow recruits. That way you all hold each other up.

Bond with them, and find the support from amongst the platoon. You'll be fine, just stay mentally sharp and the body will do it's job. GET SOME!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Be afraid..............be verrrrrrrry afraid.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good luck, remember you have a lot of people at home I'm sure are supporting, and of course we will all be thinking about you. Best of luck!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Its just hard I guess. I've been doing this job since I was 14. I'd work till 8pm everyday after school. It's all I know as far as a career. And I work with my dad...pretty much the only time I get to spend with him. And he is avidly against me joining the Marines.

Chrizzle: I fly out of Miami. Orlando is the cut off spot for buses so I'll see you at the Depot. My last names Lupo...thats what everyone has called me my whole life. Most my friends don't even know my first name lol

Thanks guys. Look forward to helping any of you out after I've achieved my goal.

Good Luck Poolees...

Thread Information