Why do you want to be a Marine?
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Why do you want to be a Marine?

This post has never been done before,ive searched it and found nothing so im starting this one,so wannabes and pollees can share there reasons why.

Me,i want to join because i look for disipline in a branch where i know i will get it.After gettin in trouble with the wrong group of guys over and over and one of those times landing me in jail,i knew that i need to do something better with my life.

Me being in hs i dont want to be in and out of jail for stupid ****,so i said im joining the Corps.I play football and even though i want a scholarship,i cant see myself wasting my life in college,worrying about studying and not having to worry about failing out of school.

My parents think im crazy about me wanting to join.My dad says im just a number and they dont care about me and i will be brainwashed.My mom is like anyother mom,worried about my safety and all.But i made my decision about this and i will be joining after hs.

That is my reason.

Credits
    Savings
    yes it has but i ain't looking for it for you.btw,you being a fine and upstanding hs kid,is this the way you learn these days?

Like the corporal said; it's been done before on these here forums.

Too many of your sentences start with me.

College is hard and you sound afraid of it. There are other things to be afraid of; like getting on the yellow foot prints or having a child.

Did one, we're doing the second now, and I'm back in school. Big waste right? Lots of guys have said that without trying it and have had to go back eventually. What do you think about all the MCI's and write-ups and classes you'll be doing and eventually teaching if you make it into our beloved Corps?

You're not gonna be a meathead are you?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Trust me i looked searched it and found nothing about this forum.Yeah i dont like school and i see college as a waste,but thats my opinion.I mean if i get a schlorship im going to take it,but im not trying to get my parents to pay for me to go.Atleast in the Corps i will be learning to be a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    College isn't for everyone. I tried it. I didn't like it very much. I'm joining the Corps because I want to be a member of the most Elite fighting group in the world. Because I want to join the brotherhood that never dies and never leaves anyone behind when they can at all avoid it.

I want to be the best and I know the Corps will make me the best!

This might sound stupid. But I want to join, because I cant think of anything else I would like to do besides join the Marine Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkins91 View Post
    This might sound stupid. But I want to join, because I cant think of anything else I would like to do besides join the Marine Core.
    Marine Corps. Cops. Watch the spelling.

And I was pretty much in the same boat. I decided around five years old and still to this day don't know why. Just always wanted to be.

I know this is a very common answer but the Marine Corps is the best. They start by their strict enlistment requirements. They don't accept GED's and they have the most discipline. I've seen alot of my friends come back from recruit training just completly different. I wouldn't do anything else. I have no money for college and I'm not a fan of taking out loans to repay for 20 years. Why not serve your country and be the best and get an education at the same time?

I have a passion to be a Marine. Simple

Crap. I corrected a poolee for misspelling Corps and went ahead and did it myself.

my big reason was for self improvement. I am in college right now and am doing fine, but I felt like ive been too lazy and need something to help get me disciplined. I am a very smart individual, but sometimes lack the motivation for success. I think the marines will help me obtain that drive for success and ultimately give me the mental strength and discipline I need to be successful in anything I do.

Convulsive
    Guest Free Member
    If you're going to do anything GO ALL OUT. Thats my opinion. It's hard to practice what I preach I'll admit that (like doing well in school for instance). Marine Corps is the best branch in my opinion and probably everyone on this forums opinion. Now, I used to work for Circuit City and many of you know, it went under. There's something about seeing companies crumbling and struggling all around you that makes you ask yourself "where am i going with my life" my answer...no where. The Marines will help me become an upstanding member of the USA, it will support and take care of me and teach me how to be independent when i get out of the Corps. I'll get college payed for and learn skills, see places, and do things that people most often only dream of doing. I'm for the most part a well reserved kid. I usually don't cause conflict and people take my kindness for weakness. Marines will give me the leadership skills i need to take charge of situations and not be afraid to tell it like it is. The Marines is the best, If you're going to join a branch of service join the best branch. Make the most of yourself and don't hold back. Thats just my reason and for me its a pretty damn good reason.

For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to be a Marine. I remember my grandfather talking about them like they were gods when I was very young and ever since then I knew I had to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkins91 View Post

Thats not stupid, thats the exact same reason I joined.

I got lost on the way to college. j/k

I want to wear the uniform. Up till recently I felt like I was only doing things because other people wanted me to. My old teachers, my mom, and other adults in my life had just been telling me what to do. Going to college felt like the normal thing to do after high school, but it wasn't for me. Heck I barely made it to sophomore year in H.S. before I wanted out. It's not that I'm stupid or anything- I just wasn't interested at all. In community college I did 2 years of pot, partying, and chasing skirts on tax payer dollars and still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and barely anything to show for it. One morning (late afternoon probably) I woke up and realized that I wanted more. I was sick of being a nasty, heinous piece of trash and I needed some discipline and direction in my life if I was ever going to be a man by my own standards.

I don't want some job I hate sitting behind a desk and letting my life just go to waste. I want to bring up my kids in a country I proudly served when I was young and able to. I want to repay this country for the past 14 years of FREE education I received (2 of those years were college I never had to pay for.) and all the other opportunities that I squandered away with my juvenile ignorance. I want to be at the tip of the spear standing ready and trained to protect my friends, family and home if another 9/11 happens (I'm a New Yorker and was a seventh grader when it happened.). I want a story to tell my grandkids, and I want an adventure in my life, but most of all I want to know that in my life I did something worth doing and didn't just spend it being a mediocre snot.

lol I want to be born again hard.

Thread Information