Will I be ready? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hmmm, well I was referring to your forum name because it is a forum and not face to face but...Thanks Lance Corporal

Butter works out just fine. The cooler is unsecured. Fine day for a smoke session, brother.

It's really one of those days where I look around and say "Thank God for the Marine Corps."

Semper Fi.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Smoke Session???
    Sounds Sweet!!!
    Wait, let's get DocGreek in on this one

ps. I felt a little attitude on the Poolees last response, make it a Fatty......

Quote Originally Posted by abailey View Post
    Hmmm, well I was referring to your forum name because it is a forum and not face to face but...Thanks Lance Corporal
    See that right there was a missed opportunity. You could have shown some bearing and responded appropriately... Regardless of whether or not we're on the Internet, we're Marines and you are a poolee. You should already hold yourself to higher standards and should take away what you can from this thread.

Weakness isn't just pain leaving the body; it's doubt leaving the mind. While your IST numbers may be marginal, you'll get better in Boot. You'll get pushed in Boot. You'll push yourself in Boot. If you're not then you don't need to be in Boot or on the parade deck or anywhere near other Marines.

You could have also learned something more about esprit de corps. It's that wonderful intangible that brings Marines together through thick and thin and allows us to survive and overcome seemingly impossible situations.

If you take away anything then take three words with you to Boot:

Speed, Volume, Intensity.

Those will be your building blocks. The Drill Instructors will provide you with the Gospel that is Recruit Training and you will be made to learn it verbatim. You will be made stronger and faster. You will be a basically trained Marine if you care to apply the principles of Speed, Volume, and Intensity to all things you do.

There won't be a question of "Will I be ready?" It will be instead a driving passion "I will overcome" and then it will become "we will overcome". That is the essence of being a Marine.

And with that, my compassion for poolees today is exhausted.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOWEEEE!!!
    That was BEAUTIFUL.
    All of a sudden I'm all tingley.

Semper Fi My Brother,

Rocky

Semper Fi, Brother.

I'll feel that way about the Marine Corps and my fellow Marines for the rest of my days.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm with you all the way My Brother!!!

Very well said PFC, and thanks.

and to Lance Corporal RhodeIsland, sorry for if I sounded snappy or rude. Those were not my intentions.

But thanks for all the advice and everything you all have done for me. I think I speak for the rest of the poolees as well when I say that.

Quote Originally Posted by abailey View Post
    Very well said PFC, and thanks.

and to Lance Corporal RhodeIsland, sorry for if I sounded snappy or rude. Those were not my intentions.

But thanks for all the advice and everything you all have done for me. I think I speak for the rest of the poolees as well when I say that.
    Make sure you're in the Morning Motivational thread at least once a day when possible then. It's good to see poolees gather 'round in one place and share the moto.

Perhaps we should ask the mods to make it a sticky in the poolee forum so you guys have a centralized thread to keep it moto and positive.

Thread Information