Tricks for Boot - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tricks for Boot

Advice 101

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    they will teach you everything you will be doing... nothing will be what others say it will be because each SDI will have their own way of doing things... if you are stellar Recruits your DIs will act differently... if you have a few sh!t Birds they will focus on them and probably only give you fleeting moments of attention...

don't worry about it. just STFU and while you are there kick ass and take names.....
    great advice, SSgt, I was going to post something similar to yours, but I see you beat me to it. But to touch on what everyone is saying, take your hygene seriously. You don't want to be the nasty, smelly recruit. That will land you in a world of shi$, not only with your DI's, but with your fellow recruits as well. Also as someone mentioned ealier make sure you mark your shi&, you don't want to be the recruit come footlocker inspection time missing have your crap, because you cant find it from the squadbay being tossed the day before. If you have something important that you are allowed to keep like pictures, wedding ring, etc put in what is called your Money Valuable Bag(you'll find out what that is). You loose it, its your fault, and crying about it won't help. When the Squadbay is getting trashed don't take it personal, shi$ happens. Back onto marking gear, for the love of god mark your damn boots, we once had all of our ICB's tied together, and thrown in the shower, the only ones of us that got the right ones back were those of us that marked them. As far as getting up early make sure, its something that you are allowed to do, if you are caught out of the rack with lights off gettting dressed, they might think you are going UA or some crap, and you dont want to be that recruit either. Lastly when in doubt as a freaking question, with bearing, and confidence. If you go up the DI acting like a little bitc$ there going to treat you like one. I think those are some basics that everyone will go through at least one time in boot.

While we're on the subject of marking gear. Try to find some inconspicuous way of marking your lock on your foot locker. We had more trouble going through locks on our free time than anything else. I always kept a little slice of tape in the upper right corner of mine. You will learn little tricks of the trade as you go along.

Quote Originally Posted by sim37 View Post
    While we're on the subject of marking gear. Try to find some inconspicuous way of marking your lock on your foot locker. We had more trouble going through locks on our free time than anything else. I always kept a little slice of tape in the upper right corner of mine. You will learn little tricks of the trade as you go along.
    Exactly, I remember all of our locks getting locked up together one day. We all came back from chow, the field, or something up North( cant quite remember). All of our damn locks had been painted black by the DI's and we spent most of the damn night going through the combinations. Trying to get them unlocked, we didn't get much sleep that night lol. When I look back on it now, its actually quite hilarious.

if that happens then just hand a lock to everyone online, try your combo... if it doesn't work then pass it on to the next guy... you'll have it done in less than 10 min....

brainless.

if that happens then just hand a lock to everyone online, try your combo... if it doesn't work then pass it on to the next guy... you'll have it done in less than 10 min....

brainless.
    yeah well they were all locked in a ball together, and its was stupid thirty at night. Plus we were told to have it unfuc$ed in the morning, before lights on.

.... so you try all 80 while on fire watch... have the scribe make a list of who isn't on fire watch to wake up at certain parts of the night.... still brainless... then hold the guide and squad leaders accountable if someone didn't wake up to get their lock.

.... so you try all 80 while on fire watch... have the scribe make a list of who isn't on fire watch to wake up at certain parts of the night.... still brainless... then hold the guide and squad leaders accountable if someone didn't wake up to get their lock.
    very true lol . I guess we were all just brainless recruits back then rofl

yup....

to the kid who started this thread... remember, there is always an easier way.

yup....

to the kid who started this thread... remember, there is always an easier way.
    Speaking of the locks I still have them, and remember the combination. I just went and dug them out of my memories box. 38-12-26 is the combo. I going to put one on a storage shed. So if anyone needs anything you got the combo.

haha, I was thinking the same thing as I was reading...

Use the wagon wheel whenever possible when your trash gets all mixed up. The most efficient and effective way of unfvckin yourself. Too bad only two of my drill instructors understood that, the other two just never had it click for them. And it was my kill and heavy that were the smart ones, my drill never got it, and my senior wasn't there long enough to care, just left it up to us.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Dan,your DIs screwd up your locks,that sucks.How bout i just wrap tape around mind.So even if it got spray painted i could feel for the sticky if i got took off,huh?

Quote Originally Posted by GavinL91 View Post
    Dan,your DIs screwd up your locks,that sucks.How bout i just wrap tape around mind.So even if it got spray painted i could feel for the sticky if i got took off,huh?
    It is all about uniformity. If the DIs notice that your's is not like the others, there will be hell to pay. You can try to mark your lock inconspicuously, but nothing that will attract unwanted attention.

yeah... the paint was to cover up any etching done on the backs of the locks... they probably beat the bunch on the deck a few times to make those few who had dents get confused... and for the record... they got all those locks off with either an M-16 or kevlar... it's really easy.

Thread Information