Morning Motivational
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Morning Motivational

Well, I think this suites us well for the Pool(ee) Hall. The "Open Squad Bay" for Marines has the "Morning Zephyr" where they all greet each other each morning. Makes for good bonding and community. I think a "Morning Motivational", to share our thoughts and stories that will help keep not only ourselves motivated but others in the process, works well for us poolees/wannabe's.

Woke up today, was a GREAT sunny day. Finally got to sleep in. Ran my two miles yesterday in the same weather. Boy, I wasn't ready for the heat. Used to running in mild to cold temperatures. Can't believe I had a hard time running in nicer weather. Just getting the lungs conditioned to cold weather and Ohio throws another curveball, haha. Never stays the same temperature in transition seasons (Fall/Spring). Just keep on going, get used to them all eventually.

How are you all doing PT/Running wise? Anything cool your RS is doing? See or hear something that motivated you? SHARE IT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Motivated,

Jon

Had my first PT session yesterday at the RS, I'm actually within Dep-in weight but can't do the IST, mainly because I _just_ began running. PT was.. actually fun, painful but fun, cant wait to do it again next Friday.

As I mentioned I just began running though I'm an avid bicyclist and have been pleasantly surprised at my endurance, I tried running before and couldn't even do it for two full minutes lol. This tells me if I keep at it, it will only get better. Anyway, keep at it fellers, goals are achievable and once they are achieved we can look back and take that motivation and achieve even crazier things.

Dedicated,

nrml

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good thread, JWG,,,,,, Motovation must come from within, but sometimes it takes a buddy to put it in there. Glad to see you realize you aren't an island. Hope this thread goes far,,,,,,,,Sparkie.

Woke up at the good ol time of 8 after falling asleep around 3.... Turned out to be a chilly windy cloudy day.. Well time to get off my behind and go pt.

Quote Originally Posted by nrml1 View Post
    Had my first PT session yesterday at the RS, I'm actually within Dep-in weight but can't do the IST, mainly because I _just_ began running. PT was.. actually fun, painful but fun, cant wait to do it again next Friday.

As I mentioned I just began running though I'm an avid bicyclist and have been pleasantly surprised at my endurance, I tried running before and couldn't even do it for two full minutes lol. This tells me if I keep at it, it will only get better. Anyway, keep at it fellers, goals are achievable and once they are achieved we can look back and take that motivation and achieve even crazier things.

Dedicated,

nrml
    Good stuff, bro. To help with running, like all PT, just set a routine and KEEP WITH IT. After a while it becomes HABIT.. and if you don't do it you feel like SCHIT. How running is for me now.

Try scheduling 2 mile runs with your poolee function day. So every other day you run 2 miles, and one of the three days being the pool function (with a 1.5 mile run). That way, you'll build endurance and come poolee night, the run will actually be EASIER PT for you.

You sound motivated. Keep with it and you'll be JUST FINE, bro! Get some!

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW
    Woke up at the good ol time of 8 after falling asleep around 3.... Turned out to be a chilly windy cloudy day.. Well time to get off my behind and go pt.
    Well, you made me feel like a lazy a**. I didn't wake up til about 9:30am. Enjoying last day off work and school. Got to work all Sunday til 8pm. Doesn't leave much time for R&R. Always work and school, but rather be busy than bored I say.. I guess? GET SOME BRO. PT that weakness out of your bones.

Have a great day brothers and sisters!

Motivated,

Jon

You are one intense dude, you always have motivation and its great. Just ran a light 25 minute 3 mile...I brought my dog with she slowed me down lol.. Such a fat puppy Keep it up Jon, Ill make it a goal to post here everyday.. Will give me something to do in the mornings.

Morning fellow poolees. It's nice to see some motivated DEPers. Big change of scenery. All the poolees here are unmotivated Nasties who think their gonna be the best thing to happen to the Corps since John Wayne.

Anyway I find that if you alternate between long runs (7-9 miles), and "short" faster runs (3 miles) everyday you condition your legs and lungs much quicker. I've been running for about a month now and i've already taken about 45 seconds off my 3 mile.

Also my friend told me to put a pullup bar between my TV room and my kitchen and max out on pullups every time you walk through. I've gone from 6 to 13 in 2 weeks.

PT PT PT! you should be sore constantly!
    STAY MOTIVATED!

Good morning everyone,

I woke up at 9:30 this morning, which is suprisingly early for me. A beautiful sunny day outside, although San Diego doesn't varry much when it comes to weather. My RS startd training yesterday for the up coming field meet on may 9th. I'm going to be doing the wheelbarrol race and the firemans carry for my station. Time for my run..........

I wake up at 0500 every week day and go run 5 miles and do combat conditioning, then I go to the school house all day till 1630 then liberty starts, Motivation =)

Since I have less than 2 months I've been getting up at around 6 or 7 and going on a 2 mile run every morning. I'd rather start doing it now than get to San Diego and fall apart.

Nice. Its motivating to see that other people have trouble running but overcome it like myself. The other day I was at my ship buddies house and he was frustrated and told me to run with him. I was playing Call of Duty and wasn't in the mood but we ran 3 miles non stop. Its crazy how running with someone changes everything. Keep it up!

I had a pretty motivating morning myself. Woke up around 7:30 and weighed myself. I lost 2 pounds since Wednesday. It made me pretty happy. Then I watched Making Marines and it helped me remember why I have to keep pushing myself.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Evening,

This morning I woke up at 0930 after a short sleep, and gave a tour of my college campus to a group. After at about 1130 I was feeling ill, so I decided to go for a run and sweat out what was making me feel slightly sick.
    Worked like a dream, perfect day for it too. I did 2 miles up hill and then ran another 2 on an overall flat road, and one more down a slight hill back to my dorm. It was a great run followed by a 75 pushup set, and 100 crunches.

Look forward to hearing more from others, motivation is key, draw strengh from others when needed; there is no shame in that.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good evening fellow DEPers,

Today we had the state wide poolee function. It was fun and motivating. Got pretty sunburned though haha.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding thread as usual Jon. You are a motivator and that will serve you well.

Jim

Thread Information