Morning Motivational - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    lately i have felt like i have hit a motivational plateu. im not sure why. any tips on how to get re-motivated?

Good eveing fellow Poolee's. We had a Poolee even this past Saturday (20090425) over at the 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion location here in Tampa FL. I have to say it was one of the best days i've had in a while. We conducted a Motivational Run led by our fellow Marine's. There where also Drill Instructors from PI that came to get us "Motivated" It was the best. I'm shipping out 2009 05 11 so I have just a few more days and I am on the path to becoming a better man and learning the ways of the Marine Corps.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Anohter hard day of football matdrills,soaked tee and no quit!

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah JWG,im still in hs too,just wanted to know.I know its hard to balance out your schedule.

Good morning, brothers and sisters. Another school week. Can't wait to finish the year so I only have to focus on preparing for the Marine Corps and work. Definitely will be nice to have the extra task off the shoulder for a few months.

I hope you all are staying motivated? Kierstead, it happens brother. Motivation can come and go. Some times you have to refuel. Check out the thread in the Poolee Hall about "My Men Are My Heroes." I'm thinking about picking it up soon. Read motivating literature and movies. The movie "300" is awesome for me. The Spartans interest the hell out of me, and the Marine Corps is VERY similiar to them in their logic and mentality when it comes to combat and brotherhood, etc. Just look around at the "nastys" aka. civilians who are not going to be physically fit, fed, clothed, housed and trained to survive and KILL/defend themselves. You will be apart of a Brotherhood that will NEVER leave you. No one else but you and your future brothers and sisters will know that feeling. Think about graduation day. Your opportunity to EARN that TITLE will come soon enough. NOW GO GET SOME PT!!!

Weathers keeping up nicely here in Ohio so far. Head up to MEPS to stay in hotel Thursday afternoon and swear in officially Friday morning/afternoon. Can't wait. Enjoying the weather.. and no complaints at all from me. Stay positive all and STAY MOTO!!!

Motivated,

Jon

Thanks man. i am getting that book on friday, really looking forward to it. i will also try the 300 movie idea. i like it but never looked at it as a motivational tool.

Hey, good morning all. Woke up at 0635 hours. Had a good breakfast and headed out the door. Recruiter is taking me up to MEPS to stay in the hotel (pool and gym here we come! haha) at 1600hrs. Friday morning wake up and then I'm back to MEPS to swear into the Marine Corps as a Poolee. Can't wait to make the commitment official.

Hope you all are doing good? Let me know how you're all doing. I'll be back as a Poolee late Friday or Saturday. Hope you all are good.

GET SOME!!!

Motivated,

Jon

Good Afternoon to all

Glad to back in Philadelphia, came back from Parris Island for my sister's graduation. Man, it was freakin awesome!!! : ) So many Marines and Recruits in one place it made me want to just get out of my civies and into some camis and run with them, lol. It was an out doors graduation so it was awesome but there were few females. There were about 6 male platoons and 2 female platoons. I was like whoa! I had seen an all male graduation before but I hadn't been to a females graduation. Man those drill instructors send a chill down your spine! I loved it. OMG I saw one smile, I think they might be human. . . .lol. Jk, They're not. lol
    My motivation had been down but seeing it all over again just sent it through the roof. I went for a run with my sister when we got back home. It was my usual 2.5 mile run that I usualy take my sweet time on and finish like 40 hours later, lol. Running it with her, I did it in 17 minutes. I was amazed. I didnt realize that I had the capability of finishing that quickly. I want to redo my IST. Now I'm going to increase my distances and shorten my time. My sister told me that if I wanted to be squad leader or guide I was going to have to work harder, run faster, and push myself harder than I ever have before. I'm good to go. Bring it. I know Boot is NOT going to be easy but lets's go and get this moving already!! School year needs to finish!!! lol.
    When we got back home she gave me 3 things. 1. One of her woodland cami covers. Fit me just right ; ) 2. Her recieving Dog Tag with just her name and social, worst/hardest times for her. 3. Her crucifix she had with her during the crucible. She gave me these things, and it made me feel like very time I felt down I was letting her down and my friends that are being deployed. I love those guys so much. I'm loving all the PT I'm getting as well as the pain that comes with it because while it's there I know I'm doing something right, and when it's gone I'm ready to do it again! lol.
    Are the rest of you guys as anxious as I am? I'm good to go! lol.

What are the rest of you doing for PT besides running and pull ups?

Good thing it's almost summer, and the weather's warmer, get some swim time in.

The one thing my sister told me while I was running with her that struck close to heart was that she said dont do it for yourself, dont just do it for your family, do it for your other brothers and sister that are out there deployed that want to come home. The one's who are missing birthdays, holiday's, and the everyday little things that we take for granted. The one's who are missing their son's and daughters first steps. Do it for them and be the one who says "I will" when no one else will. You look around and see those "nastys" and you know they wont stand up. You know you're not one of them. You can feel it in your gut. It's a calling. It's something that will not rest till you know you are one of the Few, the Proud, THE MARINES. It's ingraved in my soul and I know you guys feel the same. That stuff is pumping through your veins, lol. Hope you guys that are feeling "DEmotivated" find that niche and that ultimate motivator that gets you jumping out of bed in the morning and saying "It's a great day to PT ", because everyday is a great day to PT, lol. Now let's go and earn our EGA's!!!! - C.E.Lopez

Credits
    Savings
    Well just go back from my daily 2 mile run.Early i checked the scale the first time in months and it said i had lost 20 pnds in i month,This is my first month working out hard and it feels damn good to lose this weight.

Everybody get some PT!

Feel like crap today, went to PT at the RSS today and just was not really motivated at all. Actually I went in motivated and left just completely the opposite. But whatever, I'll keep PTing on my own and try to make myself look more attractive to the corps.

I realize I'm a fat ass, I know that and I'm working my ASS off (literally) to tone up, but god dang today was just demotto all the way. But like I said I'll keep at it, I cant wait 'till I finish my semester on 5/22 so I can DEP in, thats going to be so frigging awesome!

Damn, just typing this I feel better and more motto. They have a fleet function next week but I'm not going, gonna take that day and go PT. Keep at it poolees and wannabees!!!

This just makes me reassure the brotherhood and legacy the Marine Corps has. Truly a family and "band of brothers."

Goto http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=72968

My reply to above thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    Not to bring back an old post.. but I thought it was in good reasoning.

Just like to inform I had the pleasure to take the Oath of Enlistment and hopefully the pleasure of going to bootcamp with this Marine's brother who just DEP'd with me. Great young man and will definitely make a great Marine soon enough.

R.I.P LCpl Dryden. The Torch will stay lit, no one left behind.

Good morning all. Just had breakfast. Normal PB&J waffle sandwich. Enjoying the mild temperatures and sun, around 57 degrees and high of 61. But the sun is making it nice and warming. Letting breakfast digest and then out to do a run. Some PT while I wait. Enjoy your days all. I will just leave this morning's post with a quote from another thread, sounded appropriate for motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    Best part of the Marine Corps is the sincere care for their brother and sisters before their own selves. We don't just teach it we PERFORM is, selfless service. Just an essence in those souls who are called toward the Marine Corps and eventually have what it takes to earn the Title.

So, I'm here for you all. DO NOT HESITATE to PM me if you're having trouble with PT, motivation, anything at all. It's not just a branch in the military were working toward, it is a life-long.. globally known.. feared yet respected BROTHERHOOD.

GET SOME!!!

Motivated,

Jon

Hey all, let's keep this alive. How are all my brothers and sisters doing? Day was good for myself. Personally just waiting for school semester to end. Want to get it over with, one less worry. Pool function tomorrow and going to push myself extremely hard and get motivated before I go.

Check in people. GET SOME!!

Motivated,

Jon

One thing I notice about you Jon...

Motivation is your anti-drug.

lol keep it up

Hey, All!
    It's been a few since I've been on...Just wanted to check-in and see how everyone is doing. If you're keeping up the moto & on track to succeed! :o)

Currently, I'm getting in better shape to possibly go back...I'm also having a blast wasting rounds at the range...Just bought a Springfield .45 1911...it's awesome! Also looking into a buying a Taurus .357 just because everyone needs a revolver! :o)

Thread Information