PLC or NROTC?
Create Post

Thread: PLC or NROTC?

PLC or NROTC?

I am currently a junior in high school. I have always wanted to become a marine officer. When I talked to the recruiters at the local recruiting station, they said that it is extremely hard to get into the NROTC program. I understand that the fact that I am a white male who does not play any sports doesn't help, but I do have a 3.9 GPA and 23 ACT score going for me. The recruiters tell me that my best option is to enlist as a reservest and apply for PLC after all of my training. They said that if I applyed without enlisting I probably wouldn't get selected because they choose people from within the corps first. Now, I don't have a problem with this route, but if for some reason they aren't telling the truth and I get stuck serving so many years as an enlisted person before I can go to college, I will be ****ed! What is the possibility of this happening and what are my chances of getting selected for PLC after bootcamp and TBS?

Credits
    Savings

Clowns Need Not Apply

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin1362 View Post
    if for some reason they aren't telling the truth and I get stuck serving so many years as an enlisted person before I can go to college, I will be ****ed! What is the possibility of this happening and what are my chances of getting selected for PLC after bootcamp and TBS?
    Yeah that would be fvcking terrible, huh? You got a lot to learn about tact, bozo.

Head over to the nearest AAFES Army exchange. I think you can buy a set of bars there...should be a lot easier.

Now, I don't have a problem with this route, but if for some reason they aren't telling the truth and I get stuck serving so many years as an enlisted person before I can go to college, I will be ****ed! What is the possibility of this happening and what are my chances of getting selected for PLC after bootcamp and TBS?

OH GOD FORBID YOU HAVE TO SERVE YOUR COUNTRY AS A PRIVATE OR PFC!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    i just got done PM'ing this bozo. As per the rules I won't post the lovely discussion, but one of you lowly enlisted types try asking about his views on tact and somebody LOCK HIM THE FVCK ON....

Is it so bad that I want to go to college on time?
    I don't have a problem being enlisted. I just don't want to delay becoming an officer, because this is my overall goal, and I want to get on with it.
    I am sorry if I offended anybody.

Credits
    Savings
    Make a choice. We are not running a scholarship program here. You want to make your degree #1 priority then SITFU and get loans/scholarships and do it yourself. You want to USE our Corps to get to your degree without having to subject yourself to enlisted service then you are barking up the wrong tree. It's about choices and priorities man. You take the King's shilling, be ready to pay with interest. Try Annapolis. Then again, my degree is from a school you might not have heard of so I'll quit picking on you. Good luck...

This was my squad on a field trip...

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Make a choice. We are not running a scholarship program here. You want to make your degree #1 priority then SITFU and get loans/scholarships and do it yourself. You want to USE our Corps to get to your degree without having to subject yourself to enlisted service then you are barking up the wrong tree. It's about choices and priorities man. You take the King's shilling, be ready to pay with interest. Try Annapolis. Then again, my degree is from a school you might not have heard of so I'll quit picking on you. Good luck...

This was my squad on a field trip...
    Afghanistan School of Higher Education?

I went to their sister school, Al Anbar University - Ramadi Campus! Field trips were the best!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Junior High School???
    I can't even respond.............

Is it so bad that I want to go to college on time?
    I don't have a problem being enlisted. I just don't want to delay becoming an officer, because this is my overall goal, and I want to get on with it.
    I am sorry if I offended anybody.
    How about you fill out your profile before you post again!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post

I went to their sister school, Al Anbar University - Ramadi Campus! Field trips were the best!

Yup same school Fallujah Campus...miss those wild coeds...NOT

Thread Information