It's been nearly 5 months
Create Post

It's been nearly 5 months

I was discharged from MCRD PI nearly 5 months ago due to a hip injury. Strangely enough, I now find myself actually missing Parris Island, 4th Batallion, and yes, even my Drill Instructors...well, most of them anyways...I want to go back so badly, but now I don't have the same support I had before, I am engaged to a Soldier who doesn't want me to go back, I still have terrible pain from my injury, and it just makes no sense at all for me to go back. It doesn't change the fact that I want to go though. I just want some opinions about whether or not you think I should go back or if I should try to join another branch or if I should be a nasty civilian...ew...that ain't it...thanks for any opinions you might have to say, and if there are any females who have questions about the Island, well, I didn't earn the title, but I am more than happy to offer any help I can.

It should be your choice, and your choice alone. If you want the title. Get physical therapy and re-enlist!

Your choice and all that but, make sure you don't ever end up living with regret. Pain is temporary but, regret is forever.

And if you earn the title, who do you think is going to wear the pants in your house, if you get married?

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    I was discharged from MCRD PI nearly 5 months ago due to a hip injury. Strangely enough, I now find myself actually missing Parris Island, 4th Batallion, and yes, even my Drill Instructors...well, most of them anyways...I want to go back so badly, but now I don't have the same support I had before, I am engaged to a Soldier who doesn't want me to go back, I still have terrible pain from my injury, and it just makes no sense at all for me to go back. It doesn't change the fact that I want to go though. I just want some opinions about whether or not you think I should go back or if I should try to join another branch or if I should be a nasty civilian...ew...that ain't it...thanks for any opinions you might have to say, and if there are any females who have questions about the Island, well, I didn't earn the title, but I am more than happy to offer any help I can.

Boot Camp is just a stepping stone.
    It gets so much better after that.

You sound like you want the Title. Do what it takes. Get the physical therapy and GET SOME! Again, it was already said. Regret is forever, pain is temporary.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Stay at home - be a wife and forget about it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you want it, go get it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Stay at home - be a wife and forget about it.

Hmmmmmm? Somebody seems a little hormonal today!

Allow that hip to heal, you wanna be a cripple? Wash out and the military doesn't care if you pack a limp the rest of your life, leave that to the VA.
    you think I should go back or if I should try to join another branch or if I should be a nasty civilian...ew..
    hey now

--->Dave

All other branches are nasty, nothing compares to being a Marine we will always be the BEST at what we do, follow your heart, No Pain No Gain.

Thread Information