Running in boot camp - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    When you go on long runs in boot camp (3 or more miles) is it a leisurely jog or close to a sprint? This may sound like a silly question but i just want to know how i can pace myself when i run and what to expect in boot camp. Right now i just go as fast as i can. Thanks.
    It depends on how mad the DI's are.

I graduated last November. Every run we did was individual effort. I wish every run was individual effort, formation runs at a slow pace do little to help your PFT compared to running on your own and being able to push yourself. In formation runs you are forced to run at the same speed as everyone else. It started off as 2 miles and we worked up to 3. You do alot of like circuit courses involving different exercises during PT sessions, and it involves all out sprints inbetween each.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheWeak View Post
    I graduated last November. Every run we did was individual effort. I wish every run was individual effort, formation runs at a slow pace do little to help your PFT compared to running on your own and being able to push yourself. In formation runs you are forced to run at the same speed as everyone else. It started off as 2 miles and we worked up to 3. You do alot of like circuit courses involving different exercises during PT sessions, and it involves all out sprints inbetween each.
    *facepalm*

I guess the Marine Corps knows what it's doing.

Expect the unexpected.That which cannot happen will!

Marine Free Member AlwaysWillBe's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheWeak View Post
    Stone, may I ask what your MOS is?

Thread Information