I've got an MOS dilemma now... - Page 6
Create Post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Yes, it is. Have you ever heard of the "Lance Corporal Underground?" Not only do you pick up the uncanny ability to know sh*t before our NCOs, but we also learn how to fly. And read PFCs' minds. But only on payday weekends and the Mondays after payday weekends.
    Well since my NCOs say that a pfc is supposed to do the job of a LCPL i can already fly. I dont know so much about knowing stuff before my NCOS. And i can read my own mind since im a pfc. So after four years i can change my MOS? i wonder if FOrce Recon will even let me try to go into it.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinez88 View Post
    i wonder if FOrce Recon will even let me try to go into it.
    It's all about the broomstick...

Quote Originally Posted by Tinez88 View Post
    Well since my NCOs say that a pfc is supposed to do the job of a LCPL i can already fly.
    Atta'boy.

And Paid, yes I am god d*mn moto... *sigh* They call me a motard around my shop. But whatever. I'm so moto that I don't take that as an insult, lol. I don't let it cloud my judgement, though.

I love being a Marine, hate being a POG, hate Marines but love 'em at the same time.

I did consider lat-moving into infantry, but like I said I've pretty much decided on CI/HUMINT now. This is for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I wanna be the guy who interrogates the enemy bastards. Yeah, honestly it would feel good to be the guy pulling the trigger too, but that just kills them. F*cking with their minds, now that's good ****.

Seriously, though, I've done a lot of reading about CI/HUMINT and it seems right up my alley. I still have plenty of time to decide, though, and to keep doing research and learning as much as possible.

Semper Fi, brother.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    It's all about the broomstick...
    i dont like the sound of that ha...ha

Credits
    Savings
    search it...it will suddenly be so clear to you...BROOMSTICK tell me what ya find. It should help you out with Force...

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Atta'boy.

I love being a Marine, hate being a POG, hate Marines but love 'em at the same time.
    same here! Ill be cleaning the Head and ill be like whistleling or singing just in a good effing mood and a mastersgt will pass by and he'll ask why the hell are u so happy u just get laid? and ill say no master sergeant im just happy to be doing the job of a pfc.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Ehh I wouldn't worry too much about ribbons. Sure, they look good and all that jazz. And it's true a Marine can usually tell what wars they individual has been involved in, but after that they don't mean a whole lot. That Sgt. in your shop might have been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan (one ribbon each), but was stationed stateside. That means he wouldn't get the Overseas Service Ribbon. If that's all true, then there's a Marine who has been to both of our current wars. I hardly call that sitting around his shop, not doing anything.

Then again, he may have just sat around, not doing anything.

That's why I say don't put too much stock in ribbons. They are just to impress civilians, until you earn an award for valor, in my opinion. And anyway, maybe that Sgt. in your shop knows his MOS better than any other NCO, so he can always be counted on to accomplish the misssion. You never know, man. You never know.

But then again I understand what you're saying, about wanted to get out there and do stuff, and be in an MOS that you enjoy. Believe me, I know.
    Well he is also a machinist like my self and he has been there at MCAS His whole Marine corps career until recently he went up to the school house. But even so he never went anywhere and when i was there he would just make me clean or do stupid stuff, which i didnt mind doing, while he just sat on the computer all day looking up truck parts. I mean hes a NCO so i have respect for him, but hes not the greatest machinist. He hasnt been deployed anywhere or done anything just the same ol routine for four years... that is just not for me.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    search it...it will suddenly be so clear to you...BROOMSTICK tell me what ya find. It should help you out with Force...
    Nope, i googled it and all i got was stuff for brooms...and yeah.
    Please explain Lance Corporal oohrah!

Credits
    Savings
    Search this site, not google. work harder. pretend it is a head that needs cleaning.

as for your Sgt, this isn't up for discussion-lay off him. You even said he's at the school house-i.e. training new Marines. Unless he malingered or intentionally dodged his deployments, forget it. Deployment isn't necessarily what you think it is, anyway. Machining in a shop in Iraq vs machining in Sunny SoCal and going home every night.... not the same as how deployment is sometimes the measure of the mean in combat arms-whose only purpose is to locate close with and destroy.

Credits
    Savings
    thank the good Lord you didn't start off in the grunts...I had it easier than most but the degradation is beyond words... you would have strung yourself up with your little McSlap belt and latmoved to the morgue..He works in mysterious ways..SF

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Search this site, not google. work harder. pretend it is a head that needs cleaning.

as for your Sgt, this isn't up for discussion-lay off him. You even said he's at the school house-i.e. training new Marines. Unless he malingered or intentionally dodged his deployments, forget it. Deployment isn't necessarily what you think it is, anyway. Machining in a shop in Iraq vs machining in Sunny SoCal and going home every night.... not the same as how deployment is sometimes the measure of the mean in combat arms-whose only purpose is to locate close with and destroy.
    I know but all i was saying is that our MOS is non deployable. it sucks since we are on an Airwing and everyone else deploys but us. like i said before hes and NCO and i have much respect for him he tought me some new stuff i didnt know. OOhrah
    And for the Broomstick thing im still pretty lost...

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    thank the good Lord you didn't start off in the grunts...I had it easier than most but the degradation is beyond words... you would have strung yourself up with your little McSlap belt and latmoved to the morgue..He works in mysterious ways..SF
    wa?

Credits
    Savings
    I have no fvcking clue what you are trying to say...Was I in anyway unclear?
    [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d183/MilpitasGuy/EnglishMother****erDoYouSpeakIt.gif[/IMG]

force recon takes all walks of life... so does MARSOC... train hard.

and of course I was right about you lat moving, I have a rocker for a reason.

anyways, I'm sure you were told to pick an MOS you'd enjoy your 4 years 'cause it's what you'll be doing, and not to put too much stock in a lat move as you may not get the one you want.

Semper Gumby...

also, stop screwing up the spelling of rank by spelling it all out... PVT, PFC, LCpl, Cpl, Sgt, SSgt, GySgt, MSgt, MGySgt, 2nd Lt, 1st Lt, Capt,Maj, LtCol, Col, BGen, MGen,LGen,Gen.... now you have them all... just copy and paste when you want to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post

also, stop screwing up the spelling of rank by spelling it all out... PVT, PFC, LCpl, Cpl, Sgt, SSgt, GySgt, MSgt, MGySgt, 2nd Lt, 1st Lt, Capt,Maj, LtCol, Col, BGen, MGen,LGen,Gen.... now you have them all... just copy and paste when you want to use them.
    SSgt., you forgot 1stSgt., and SgtMaj. And WO, CWO2, CWO3, CWO4, CWO5.

Thread Information