soon to be wife of marine
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question soon to be wife of marine

My love goes off to the marines at the end of this year and before that we are getting married what should i expect from my new life??

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiegirl View Post
    My love goes off to the marines at the end of this year and before that we are getting married what should i expect from my new life??
    Best of luck to you both!! Life in the USMC is very tough on families and relationships. We have a little saying that explains it all...No one ever promised you a rose garden. Basically, life is hard. It takes special people to make any relationship work, and that's all the more true on military families. The more you focus on all things positive, and avoid as much negativity as possible in life, well that's really the secret to everything. Good luck!
    C

My Wife and I were in a simliar situation. We married and then 10 days later, off to boot camp I went. I am an Infantry Marine, so training and field exersices were the norm. Plus, the 2 deployments and various other things, kept me away for a while. We added it up one time. For the 1st 3 years of marriage, we were together for about 12 months.

My wife is a strong woman. She needed to be with me gone all the time. She finished her college degree and knows how to take care of herself. Fixes house hold items, changes tires on the car, and knows not to get herself down about things.

You will need to understand that you are important, but so is the Corps. Your future Marine is not going to be the same person that you know about him now. He will change.

What should you expect? A very hard charger that you can be proud of. You can also expect to work at your marriage. it will not be easy, at first. Stand tall, stand together, and you will earn the title, Marine Wife.

God Bless and good luck.

frist of all congrats on becoming one of the ones who silently serve. you have to be a really strong woman to be able to let him go away for months at a time and only get emails and phone calls. now i am not in any way trying to discourage you from being comming a Marines Wife. it is a true honor to be married to a hero. i guess i just want to tell you that the experience is what you make of it and how you can cope with him being gone and working long hours. it will be hard and there will be alot of things that you dont understand. there will be times when you feel like giving up when you have to work really hard on your marriage. your husband is gonna be a changed man. and better man. just ask questions and try to become involved in your husbands unit in any way with the L.I.N.K.S and key volunteer programs they are really nice. good luck and if you havenay other questions just ask.

Thread Information