I'm playing my FAVOR card right now: Hey anyone about to join the Marine Corps... - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    I think he knows he'd only do it once, try that is!

Dave
    Now Dave tell us how you really feel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    Come on, give the LCpl a break. If you don't agree with what he's doing, thats fine. He has helped alot of people on here...And who knows if he pushed some to join or not.

While I love the Corps, they do kinda give the shaft compared to other branches for referrals. Whats the army giving now? $2000 per referral and still get PFC at 2 I believe?

I don't know all the stuff he was talking about not being able to pick up Cpl but he is an 0300 and they do bust ass. I don't know much about picking up rank but it seems unfair you can't because of some red tape.

Now, with that being said, I think he should go out and actually get some recruits and do some leg work (not sure how much free time he has though). Cousins? Brothers? Sisters? Friends? Family?

Either way, I wish you the absolute best. You're close enough to me that you could have recruited me if I had seen you walking down the street. Ugh...just a tad late
    We don't give any breaks, that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    I'm confused Flash.................how is using your name going to help towards your getting promoted? Back in the day all we got for referrals (after boot camp) was a piece of paper that gave you an "attaboy/girl".
    20 Points toward your Comp Score per referral.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    20 Points toward your Comp Score per referral.
    Ah hell?

Yes, with a max of 100 points for referrals.

Hey man, I agree - do MSG. Not only is that a great tour of duty, but that's 100 points right there. Oh, need I remind you that it's a non-competitive MOS, which basically means you get promoted after a certain amount of time in that billet. Well, don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty darn sure about it. I heard it from one of my NCOs who was looking into MOS duty.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Now Dave tell us how you really feel about this.
    Sgt....I don't have to explain myself to anyone! Think what you may, I don't give a damn! I have known John longer than I have you!

In the future...leave me out of your comedy posts, I ain't in to it! Plus I don'y feel like getting upset over this crap, Cancer is enough for me to worry about now!

Dave

speaking of cancer (and an attempt to hijack another thread in the sake of my enjoyment)

DAVE how is the battle???????? I hope all is well!!!

I'll send you half my liver if you need it, it'll grow back so I'm good!

keep motivating these future devil dogs for all of us! and Semper Fi Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by marine3043 View Post
    thats so lame --asking for poollees to hook you up--- go on RA ---this is like sellnig girl scout cookies over the internet.

put my name down to ---oh wait my cpl cutting score is 1268---
    sgt 1712---

go msg
    Our training schedule is too busy and I am too valuable to my unit for them to allow me to go on RA, believe me, i've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Yes, with a max of 100 points for referrals.

Hey man, I agree - do MSG. Not only is that a great tour of duty, but that's 100 points right there. Oh, need I remind you that it's a non-competitive MOS, which basically means you get promoted after a certain amount of time in that billet. Well, don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty darn sure about it. I heard it from one of my NCOs who was looking into MOS duty.
    If I go on MSG duty it's going to be because I want to go on MSG duty, not because of getting promoted or getting points. I'd rather stay in the fleet, train Marines to stay alive, lead Marines in combat, and kill more haji's - too bad you don't get bonus points for doing any of that.

or spelling hajjis wrong.... it's the hajj... and someone who has traveled on the hajj usually tend to be the good guys... and you know something, you're too late in the war to be calling them hajjis anyways, most of them are being duped into being bombers and snipers, etc., by Chechnyans (they're all criminals!) and other extremist groups... all just wanting to kill Americans.

you are no longer fighting Iraq, but you are trying to defend it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hajj

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    If I go on MSG duty it's going to be because I want to go on MSG duty, not because of getting promoted or getting points. I'd rather stay in the fleet, train Marines to stay alive, lead Marines in combat, and kill more haji's - too bad you don't get bonus points for doing any of that.
    Very damn well. I can understand that sentiment, even though I'm a damned pog. Trust me, I wanted to be a grunt and do all the things you say, but I kinda got stuck in a pog MOS. I'm gonna make the most of my career, though.

Honestly though, devil, I can't think of anything else for you except the following. You could try a lat-move into a different 03 MOS. I don't know if that's for you or not, but at least that way you would still be right there in the thick of things, and you might have a shot to pick up. That's probably what I would do in your situation, honestly.

Good luck, wardog.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    or spelling hajjis wrong.... it's the hajj... and someone who has traveled on the hajj usually tend to be the good guys... and you know something, you're too late in the war to be calling them hajjis anyways, most of them are being duped into being bombers and snipers, etc., by Chechnyans (they're all criminals!) and other extremist groups... all just wanting to kill Americans.

Too late in the war? I've never been to Iraq, I don't care about Iraq, and i'm never going to Iraq. I've lived outside the wire for an entire deployed engaged in 24+ hour firefights throughout my entire Afghanistan deployment though. They're all scum, they're all hajji's, mooj, whatever you want to call them, it doesn't matter. I've never fought for Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of it's people. I've only fought for my fellow Marines in my platoon.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Very damn well. I can understand that sentiment, even though I'm a damned pog. Trust me, I wanted to be a grunt and do all the things you say, but I kinda got stuck in a pog MOS. I'm gonna make the most of my career, though.

Honestly though, devil, I can't think of anything else for you except the following. You could try a lat-move into a different 03 MOS. I don't know if that's for you or not, but at least that way you would still be right there in the thick of things, and you might have a shot to pick up. That's probably what I would do in your situation, honestly.

Good luck, wardog.
    Already tried lat moving to another 03 MOS, not allowed man. In an infantry BN it doesn't really matter what your MOS is, if you're an 0331 and they need someone to fill the billet of an 0352 then you're going to do whatever job your unit needs you to do regardless of your MOS. I can't speak for other units, but in mine every single Marine is pretty much crosstrained in every 03 MOS regardless of what you are. I'm an 0351 which is an assaultman/demo expert, well on deployment my job was being the dismount squad leader incharge of 12 Marines in my squad and I was basically an 0311 and spent a little time as a MK19 gunner. If I had the actual 0311 or 0331 MOS which are the two jobs I filled on deployment, i'd be a CPL right now, but unfortunately my MOS on paper is still 0351 so i've still got the 0351 cutting score even though the last time I ever did anything even remotely close to being an 0351 was 2.5 years ago in SOI.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post

Oh God, not another person that believes the Checnyans are responsible for the insurgency.

If you only knew the truth!

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm wondering why the other Marines don't support Accord. You are brothers, I know it might not be cool ask favors over the internet but this is what we do here. At least what you Marines do here. We ask and we get our answers. Accord has helped a lot of people just like everyone else in here. If he now need help, why not help him? I don't know how things work with the promotions/MOS etc but heck when someone needs help, needs help. He helped us, why shouldn't we help him?
    I can only see a couple of Marines here supporting Accord.

But then again YOU ARE MARINES so this is your buisness, just wanted to share my 2 cents on what was going on here.

Thread Information