I'm playing my FAVOR card right now: Hey anyone about to join the Marine Corps...
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I'm playing my FAVOR card right now: Hey anyone about to join the Marine Corps...

This is probably going to sound really bad and fellow Marines if you don't like it then have a mod gladly delete this thread.

I've more than given back to the poolees of Leatherneck.com and now i'm going to pull out my "favor" card and ask for something in return. I am a Lance Corporal in an MOS that had a 150% re-enlistment rate and is now being phased out of the Marine Corps, I am an 0351. Because of this it is impossible for me to pick up Corporal and a meritorious board is not possible because all quotas have been used up for this fiscal year in my unit. I am a high expert on both rifle and pistol, my last PFT was a 299, my pro/con's are 4.9/4.9, I have more than 40 completed MCI's, I am a Lance Corporal currently holding a STAFF SERGEANTS billet with Corporals and Sergeants under me, and above all else I kept my Marines alive during combat in Afghanistan - I am not ashamed to say and make it known that i'm a good ****ing Marine... but because of my MOS I simply can't pick up Corporal.

Why am I posting this? Because i've helped a lot of potential future Marines out here in the poolee forum over the past 3+ years and now i'm pulling out my "favor" card and asking for some help here, I need some guys who are about to join the Marine Corps that are joining because of reasons and help i've posted here on the poolee forums over the past few years to list me as their referral with their recruiter for joining the Marine Corps which would result in me getting bonus points towards promotion so I can hopefully pick up Corporal. I've referred at least 20 guys, in person, into the Marine Corps but just never thought to ask them to put me as their referral with their recruiters and I wish I had looking back. I cannot even fathom how many people joined the Marine Corps because of my "THIS IS THE ULTIMATE MOTIVATION FOR POOLEES" thread. A LOT of people have joined the Marine Corps based off of the help and information i've posted on here. This isn't a plea and i'm not begging, but i've honestly got no other options and i'm not just asking random people to list me as their referral for no reason, i've genuinely helped and referred countless people into the Marine Corps on this website and it'd be nice for a few who are about to join because of info I posted to give me that benefit for it in return. If you've already enlisted because of me and whatnot but haven't left for boot camp yet it's not too late and you can still list me as your referral.

Tried to lat move into an MOS that will pretty much change the rest of my life, passed the screening and everything required for the lat move but was told to come back when I picked up Corporal. Unfortunately people with brass on their collars don't understand that not everyone who deserves to be a CPL, is a CPL, because of things like getting screwed because you're in an MOS being phased out.

So PM me or whatever...

Credits
    Savings
    I haven't shipped yet but I can't remember if I I listed someone as a referral or not. I'll check in with my recruiter today and try and get you listed as my referrer. It's a shame that an infantryman, the backbone of the Corps, can't pick up MOS because of some red tape.

PM me your name and any other information I need and I'll do it for you, LCpl. I did swear in already on the 7th...not sure if that matters still?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    John, if anyone deserved to be promoted, it's you. You are the finest Marine I have ever had the previlage to have known. You are right, most people don't understand the way things are in the Corps, they just look at you and wonder why you ain't a Cpl.

Then there's these azzhole like........well that get promoted to fast, just to not appreciate it! They sit around in thier cushy jobs and complain about being told what to do by SNCOs and such. They have no respect for the fact that the upper ranks were once where he is now, and they are only doing what was done to them when they were Cpls. To these type of people, the rank means nothing more than more money! They are not afforded the position of being in charge of a patrol or squad, they work in a shop, somewhere in the rear with the gear!

You and I have had our differences in the past, but I have never said you are anything but a damn good Marine. If we only knew two years ago that this phasing out was coming we could have gotten into some other 03XX field, but they didn' give out that information, then.

When the Corps goes thru downsizing (which they do every few years), it creates a vaccuum in the rank structure. Some mighty good Marines got out because of it, because they were caught in that vaccuum and couldn't get promoted over L/Cpl.

This causes a common occurance in the Corps, it's called "THE SLACKER ATTITUDE" or " FVCK IT", I mean what are they gonna do? Make you a L/Cpl in a platoon of L/Cpls?

If you have 2 years of service, go see the Career Planner, he may be able to coach you. At the very least they could give you a shot at another MOS and probably a promotion to re-enlist when the time comes, you never know.

Know this Marine.......I would share a fighting hole with you anytime, anywhere. You are a Marine and my brother.

Thank you for your dedicated service and thank you for the motovation you have provided over the years for the poolees, you are a Marines, Marine!

Good luck to you John, I truly hope everything works out for you and you continue your service to the Corps!

Semper Fi,

Dave

i will refer you. pm your name and what not.

Credits
    Savings
    0351.....Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    John, if anyone deserved to be promoted, it's you. You are the finest Marine I have ever had the previlage to have known. You are right, most people don't understand the way things are in the Corps, they just look at you and wonder why you ain't a Cpl.

Then there's these azzhole like........well that get promoted to fast, just to not appreciate it! They sit around in thier cushy jobs and complain about being told what to do by SNCOs and such. They have no respect for the fact that the upper ranks were once where he is now, and they are only doing what was done to them when they were Cpls. To these type of people, the rank means nothing more than more money! They are not afforded the position of being in charge of a patrol or squad, they work in a shop, somewhere in the rear with the gear!

You and I have had our differences in the past, but I have never said you are anything but a damn good Marine. If we only knew two years ago that this phasing out was coming we could have gotten into some other 03XX field, but they didn' give out that information, then.

When the Corps goes thru downsizing (which they do every few years), it creates a vaccuum in the rank structure. Some mighty good Marines got out because of it, because they were caught in that vaccuum and couldn't get promoted over L/Cpl.

This causes a common occurance in the Corps, it's called "THE SLACKER ATTITUDE" or " FVCK IT", I mean what are they gonna do? Make you a L/Cpl in a platoon of L/Cpls?

If you have 2 years of service, go see the Career Planner, he may be able to coach you. At the very least they could give you a shot at another MOS and probably a promotion to re-enlist when the time comes, you never know.

Know this Marine.......I would share a fighting hole with you anytime, anywhere. You are a Marine and my brother.

Thank you for your dedicated service and thank you for the motovation you have provided over the years for the poolees, you are a Marines, Marine!

Good luck to you John, I truly hope everything works out for you and you continue your service to the Corps!

Semper Fi,

Dave
    You could get kissed on the lips by this Marine in a foxhole.

Dave, my office chair isn't cushy at all. I'll make a thread about that after my "I can't wait to EAS" commotion has died down.

John, I'd give you my chevrons if I could. In 2 years my rank won't matter. Besides its not like you have to even try to pick up with a 1410 cutting score. I didn't pick the MOS though so what am I gonna do right?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Dave, my office chair isn't cushy at all. I'll make a thread about that after my "I can't wait to EAS" commotion has died down.

John, I'd give you my chevrons if I could. In 2 years my rank won't matter. Besides its not like you have to even try to pick up with a 1410 cutting score. I didn't pick the MOS though so what am I gonna do right?
    I read and re-read this and for the life of me, I couldn't find your name.

Must be your conscience bothering you.

this, well it's shaddy.

I'm outta here.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post

Matt, I speaking in general terms....but if you read your name into it,,,,then that's your conscience bothering you. Are you that kind of Corporal, or not?

Be advised, that if I have something to say about anyone, I say it! I don't really care if you like it or not. All you are is a DRAMA KING, with an ax to grind! Maybe you would have been happier if they had went ahead and made you that 0300 you wanted so bad when you enlisted, who knows? Right?

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    You could get kissed on the lips by this Marine in a foxhole.
    I think he knows he'd only do it once, try that is!

Dave

I can't join until June but I'll refer you then if you still need it.

thats so lame --asking for poollees to hook you up--- go on RA ---this is like sellnig girl scout cookies over the internet.

put my name down to ---oh wait my cpl cutting score is 1268---
    sgt 1712---

go msg

Credits
    Savings
    Come on, give the LCpl a break. If you don't agree with what he's doing, thats fine. He has helped alot of people on here...And who knows if he pushed some to join or not.

While I love the Corps, they do kinda give the shaft compared to other branches for referrals. Whats the army giving now? $2000 per referral and still get PFC at 2 I believe?

I don't know all the stuff he was talking about not being able to pick up Cpl but he is an 0300 and they do bust ass. I don't know much about picking up rank but it seems unfair you can't because of some red tape.

Now, with that being said, I think he should go out and actually get some recruits and do some leg work (not sure how much free time he has though). Cousins? Brothers? Sisters? Friends? Family?

Either way, I wish you the absolute best. You're close enough to me that you could have recruited me if I had seen you walking down the street. Ugh...just a tad late

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm confused Flash.................how is using your name going to help towards your getting promoted? Back in the day all we got for referrals (after boot camp) was a piece of paper that gave you an "attaboy/girl".

Thread Information