Length of SOI?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Length of SOI?

Length of SOI?

How long is SOI? And after SOI, I go to a battalion correct? Do I go to 29 Palms right away for Mojave Viper(think thats what its called) or is that determined by if your unit is getting deployed?

I did try searching this. I got pretty generic things from the search though, nothing to answer my specific questions.

First of all it depends on your MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by jpg8402 View Post
    How long is SOI? And after SOI, I go to a battalion correct? Do I go to 29 Palms right away for Mojave Viper(think thats what its called) or is that determined by if your unit is getting deployed?

I did try searching this. I got pretty generic things from the search though, nothing to answer my specific questions.
    The length depends on if you go to MCT or ITB. I'm pretty certain this has been discussed many times on here. As for what you will do after, that completely depends on what your unit has planned. Also, dont get too far ahead of yourself poolee. You should be focusing on your next task at hand which is completing Boot Camp. That is your main goal as of right now so do everything you can to prepare for that.

Last edited by JdnSmith; 03-29-09 at 04:54 PM. Reason: addition

ITB, is where I should be going... 03XX

Just curious about what the future may have in store for me. Believe me, getting as ready as I can for bootcamp is my priority right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jpg8402 View Post
    ITB, is where I should be going... 03XX
    I agree with the PFC, let's not get too far ahead, we still have to worry about earning the title. And to answer your original question, 59 days is the duration of ITB.

In order not to open another topic, I was curious - would it be possible for non-infantry Marines to go to ITB still? And if not (yes), how so?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Borknagar View Post
    In order not to open another topic, I was curious - would it be possible for non-infantry Marines to go to ITB still? And if not (yes), how so?

I say again....."HUH"? Do you know what ITB stands for? It is our MOS school. I may have played with a HMMWV or a radio or powerpoint (not one of the more glorious points of being a grunt) but I didn't go to the MOS school for any of these....

Unless you are referring to POGs who LAtMove to 03 later in life... Did that help at all? Good luck and happy hunting to you..

Dont worry about SOI, ITB or MCT you arent a Marine yet, stay focused on boot camp and TRYING to become a Marine.

Also dont ask ur DI's or ur SDI about SOI cuz there gonna tell u the same thing.

Credits
    Savings
    And don't ask that "DevilDog" how long it is either....

I know my facts and am not trying to jump ahead, but what I meant was - can a non-infantry Marine, instead of going to MCT (29 days) go to IBT (56? days)? I know it sounds unusual, but I'm curious if it's possible... as I said, since it's on topic of SoI, I hate to open a new thread!

I am focused, trying to get things in order so I can get it rolling, but just have some questions, that's all...

Quote Originally Posted by Borknagar View Post
    I know my facts and am not trying to jump ahead, but what I meant was - can a non-infantry Marine, instead of going to MCT (29 days) go to IBT (56? days)? I know it sounds unusual, but I'm curious if it's possible... as I said, since it's on topic of SoI, I hate to open a new thread!

I am focused, trying to get things in order so I can get it rolling, but just have some questions, that's all...
    No.

There have been cases where Marines go through the 1st part of ITB to get their MCT training due to MCT being full. The likeliness of that happening is really slim, and really just by chance, so don't count on it.

Really? And you saw this when?

It was right after the Christmas break, only happened to a few of them, I doubt it will ever happen again.

Thread Information