Iraq / Afghanistan Today. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    You're not her boyfriend are you? I met him when you guys first got here but I don't remember if he looks like you or what.

Credits
    Savings
    Nah not me, my chicks back in okinawa ha. Man you gotta PM me the name. Im almost a 100% positive i know who your talking about. If so I just smoked a cigarette with her like 5 minutes ago ha

Credits
    Savings
    So its the 29th Sunday 1430. Its hot as hell today. Just got back from a PME about the Sgt Majors letter. I hate that crap. They squished 50 of us in a little wood shack and started reading stuff. I was sweating to death. Other than that Iraq is not to bad today. Suns out and you can actually see the sky today! No sandstorms woo!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Morning you Devil Dogs, Leathernecks, Jarheads, Marines out there especially you Jarheads in Iraq with LCpl Hayes.
    LCpl Hayes thanks for all the info and for starting this thread.
    All of us Marines back home look forward to hearing from you and hearing about the real **** over there. When we have to depend on the news media you only hear what they want you to hear.
    I will tune in on this thread every morning just like Morning Zephyr, and Cowboy Up

Have you checked out my profile pictures? I think everyday how great my life is now and can relax. At times I think we all take what we have for granted. For those who haven't been there and done that they just don't appreciate what they have.
    When I was in Nam I carried a zippo lighter that said "For those who fought for it, freedom the protected will never know. There's allot of truth in that. Also on the other side it said When I Die I'll Go To Heaven Cause I've Spent My Time In Hell.
    Stay tuned in and kick ass!!!!!!
    Semper Fi Marines Redman1

Hayes enjoy the heat, i would prefer it over the freezing temps earlier in the deployment. 3ft icicles and wind chills of 8 degrees suck. But if I was in a unit with females I might have enjoyed it a little better, I'd keep warm for sure then

Im not going to say anything else about this chick, it could be more than one (I actually know two chicks that are out there with you) I just hope I dont ever see her again.

Credits
    Savings
    Afternoon everyone. I posted a few pictures in my "Hayes and Iraq" album. The internet was slow last night at the cafe so I'll upload more tonight hopefully. Right now the weather went down, It's chilly and windy as hell. Sandstorm is picking up.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It morning here and its good to here form you.
    I'll check in every morning and look forward to you updates
    Thanks for the pictures. You can put captions under them if you want so we can know what they are or where they are.
    I remember in Nam it was hot but it was so hot that when the sun went down it felt cold even if the temperatures weren't that cold. Especially in the monsoon season.
    Can't believe how good you Marines eat over there.
    Hell I remember fighting over certain things in our MRE's.
    When we were at our home base the chow wasn't much better, as I remember sometimes I'd rather eat the MRE's.
    You are in our prayers every night
    Be sure to say hello to all the Marines in your unit and let them know we support them and thanks for there service also
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LCpl sent you a PM and said you could put captions under your pictures and then I was showing my wife and saw your captions. I just didn't scroll down enough. Thanks again for sharing your life over there.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Semper Fi LCpl. Sending my best to you and all the other jarheads in harms way. Never doubt we are thinkoing about all of you, and you all are in our prayers.

When I was in Oki back in 75-76 based at Camp Henoko. (Not sure if it even exists as a separate base now) I had a LCpl Hayes in my Company, and his twin brother was stationed at Camp Schwab next door. He was a cook, and I think his brother was in 81mm Mortors. Wouldn't be related to them would you? Guess that would be to much of a coincidence huh? Stay safe. SF

Another boring day of deployment. I'm getting sick from searching TCN every single night. Chow is still a morale booster. Hitting the gym is showing now, stopped smoking as well. Also completed another MCI today, thats about it. Now I'm going to get weighed in and then head to my shift.

Semper Fi'

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just wanted to say Good-morning Marines or Afternoon where you are.
    Hope all of you are doing O.K.
    Kick some ass and get-er-done for us.
    You Marines are always in my thoughts
    Wish I could serve with you but you know how us old Vietnam Vets are, old, cripple, and grouchy these days.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Afternoon everyone. Couldnt get online yesterday. We were in "River City" all day. A Marine was killed yesterday. So they shut down all the extra communications so no one informs that Marines parents before the Marine Corps gets a chance to. Other than that bad news. Some good news is I did recieve a care package from MarineParents.com . They sent me about 15 boxes a Girlscout Thin Mints and a bunch of letters from some middleschool kids. Pretty nice gesture if I must say. The weather is steadily getting warmer and then well have a cool day. Cant complain...not yet anyway.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good-morning LCpl Hayes and all the Marines over there.
    Good to hear from you again today.
    I salute the fallen Marine and my prayers go out to his family
    Like I said the other day "For Those Who Have Fought For It Freedom The Protected Will Never Know".
    Stay safe and kick some ass for the Marine that gave his life yesterday.
    My Prayers are with all of you every night.
    That package of Girl Scout cookies and the letters was nice. I like the peanut butter one's self and my wife likes the mints. I bought two boxes this year and there not as big as they used to be.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Another day out here in the sandbox. Did my MRAP miles qual today, so now I'm a official driver. Other than that, still wishing i was in Afghanistan (Yeah right). Started to put some money in some income funds. Deployment so far isn't bad.

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know how much we appreciate your service. Stay safe and kick ass, Semper Fi.

Prayers out to the fallen Marine and his family.

Thread Information