Iraq / Afghanistan Today. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    get one of those man dresses and run through the chow hall--see how far you get..==

i bet you went to the px before iraq and bought one of those big knives,,, ha---all pfc's and lcpl's go to the foster uniform store and think they are badass and buy a long ass knife that they think they will use,,, if you are in a knife fight in iraq or afghanistan it is a bad day,

Credits
    Savings
    haha the only tool i have is my Gerber which I use for splicing wires. They issued us a knife out here which I use to get the dirt out from my nails with lol.

Keep up the good fight Marine, we Marines stand behind all of our brothers in harms way, Get Some, Semper FI.

I spent some time in Iraq. When I got bored, I killed terrorists!!! Well, actually I just thought about killing terrorists as I never had the opportunity.... Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by marine3043 View Post
    get one of those man dresses and run through the chow hall--see how far you get..==

i bet you went to the px before iraq and bought one of those big knives,,, ha---all pfc's and lcpl's go to the foster uniform store and think they are badass and buy a long ass knife that they think they will use,,, if you are in a knife fight in iraq or afghanistan it is a bad day,

I did that.LOL......It only came in handy for opening MRE's and taking RAMBO pics

I was up at the rifle range and we were shooting table 2,,, we had eye pro on and were getting ready to start the speed reload---they said fire and my face filled with blood --i yelled i cant see but i can still shoot---they block yelled at me not to fire,,, they took me off the range my eye pro and face covred in blood--

the acog hit me in the face but i didnt know it and the cut did not start bleeding right away-- now all the snco's call me acog===

good thing they made us were glasses or i would of really got messed up--

Normal day for me on deployment is basically. Post for 8 hours, then 16 to do whatever needs to be done. MCI's, PT, and Chow. The Chow Halls over here are amazing. Better than the states. I usually get nothing but chicken and fruit all day.

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

With you always....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    Normal day for me on deployment is basically. Post for 8 hours, then 16 to do whatever needs to be done. MCI's, PT, and Chow. The Chow Halls over here are amazing. Better than the states. I usually get nothing but chicken and fruit all day.
    Where are you and with what Unit?

Credits
    Savings
    So i got online last night and I tried to upload some pictures but the site just wasnt agreeing with me. I'll have to try again tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    Once again I cannot express my appreciation for all your motivation and support. Currently were getting some prtty bad sandstorms right now. Starting to pick up every hour! A little bit of sand never stopped me though haha.

A little information about myself: Im currently with Combat Logistics Battalion 4 H&S Co. Primarily stationed on Okinawa, JPN. My MOS is 0612 Field Wireman, my secondary is 0614 ULCS Switchboard Operator Maintainer. Pretty much I run all the lines for phones, computers such as Fiber Optic and all that good stuff. (Communications PLT) Our current tour of duty is 7 months, (6 months now) and we should be returning somewhere in the September range of this year. Although there has been talk of us extending until January because we havnt found someone to replace us yet!!

Iraq itself is still a dangerous country. There are many freelance terrorist still actively sabotaging US Forces. Before I had got out here I had heard from fellow marines that had done the tours before that the war was over here and now were just sitting around. Well this time has been different.
    I work in the UMCC now as a radio operator pretty much for the Intel guys and such. And it's almost if were being attacked every day.

Ive seen mortars hit short of 100 yards hit near my shop On base. Of course that didnt stop me from enjoying my cigarette haha. The worst out here are the IED's that are laying around the roads here everywhere!

Recently a close friend of mine was the Vehicle Commander for a convoy heading to a FOB outside base. They had rolled right beside a hidden IED and blew his truck to shreds. He took some shrapnel to his face which had blown through the glass. It occured to me then that this place is still the real deal. Needless to say hes okay now, still shaken up it but no one was killed thank god.

People in the media say that this war is over in Iraq and we should just move to Afghanistan. On first hand accounts I call that bull**** in everyway. This war has just started to begin again.
    Holy **** its a small Corps... I'm not going to say much more than that, but there's someone you work with...that I know VERY very well...

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    Holy **** its a small Corps... I'm not going to say much more than that, but there's someone you work with...that I know VERY very well...
    Oh come on man you gotta drop the name!
    Who is it lol?

What shift do you work, noon to midnight?

Credits
    Savings
    Yea exactly. Are you talking about who I think you are. Cpl type...shes in comm?

I told you man I can't drop names. But when you see her tomorrow, just tell her "A corporal on Al Asad, told me to tell you 'Aloha'."

Don't say anything else, no matter how much she pesters you.

Thread Information