Best way to prepare for summer time Parris enviroment... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking DWG, you were active in 68 and only achieved the rank of Private?
    Learn your rank structure, poolee. He is a PFC, which is an E-2, just as it was back then. Also bear in mind promotions came a lot less often back then. Also, bear in mind he was only on active duty for one year.

I suggest you be careful, poolee, as that man earned his Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and has nothing to prove to any Marine on this site.

And as far as sandfleas go, they are one of the most horrific things most people have experienced up to this point in their lives, I'm sure. The analogy about sticking yourself with a pin was used. That is kind of accurate, but it feels more like a pin that is as big around as, oh let's say the tip of a Q-Tip. And it is not just one Q-Tip pin, but what feels like a thousand, all attacking one part of your body at a time. Just when you think you can stand the pain on your arm, they move to your neck. Then to your other arm. Then to your face. Then they swarm.

As the good Ssgt said, they are genetically engineered to cause as much pain and discomfort as possible. They feed off bug juice, and only get stronger from Cutter. That is probably why DWG doesn't remember them. It was probably his generation that started the genetic engineering! Not on purpose, I'm sure...

I suggest you not wear the stuff, because if you do, you are only f*cking over all those recruits that come after you!

Since I was a "Hollywood" Marine, I cant attest to "sand fleas", only going straight up, but being a midwest boy growing up in the humidity here, I can tell you drink your damn water, dont get juice or milk at chow, drink your damn water.

If they offer electrolyte tablets, take them.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    Learn your rank structure, poolee. He is a PFC, which is an E-2, just as it was back then. Also bear in mind promotions came a lot less often back then. Also, bear in mind he was only on active duty for one year.

I suggest you be careful, poolee, as that man earned his Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and has nothing to prove to any Marine on this site.

I knew that was Private First Class...I actually meant to call him Private (you don't address a PFC as Private First Class, do you?)

And I didn't mean any disrespect by it and I CERTAINLY did not mean for him to "prove" anything. I was just wondering if something had happened. I didn't know he only served one year. I checked his profile but must have overlooked that somehow.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    And as far as sandfleas go, they are one of the most horrific things most people have experienced up to this point in their lives, I'm sure. The analogy about sticking yourself with a pin was used. That is kind of accurate, but it feels more like a pin that is as big around as, oh let's say the tip of a Q-Tip. And it is not just one Q-Tip pin, but what feels like a thousand, all attacking one part of your body at a time. Just when you think you can stand the pain on your arm, they move to your neck. Then to your other arm. Then to your face. Then they swarm.

As the good Ssgt said, they are genetically engineered to cause as much pain and discomfort as possible. They feed off bug juice, and only get stronger from Cutter. That is probably why DWG doesn't remember them. It was probably his generation that started the genetic engineering! Not on purpose, I'm sure...

I suggest you not wear the stuff, because if you do, you are only f*cking over all those recruits that come after you!

Reminds me of horseflies down here...when we're out in the 'glades, they will follow us on the boat. Literally follow us when we're up on plane cruising. And when they bite, it hurts almost as bad as a bee, however, it stops hurting when they're done biting.

I actually meant to call him Private (you don't address a PFC as Private First Class, do you?)

You're pi$$ing me off....yes, you address them as either PFC or Private First Class...it's a rank, and looking at your profile, you haven't even earned the title yet. At least he DID!!

And I didn't mean any disrespect by it and I CERTAINLY did not mean for him to "prove" anything. I was just wondering if something had happened. I didn't know he only served one year. I checked his profile but must have overlooked that somehow.
    Regardless of what he did or didn't do, that's not any of your business or relevant to this post. The important thing here is that he IS a former Marine and will be respected as such accordingly. I strongly advise you to unscrew yourself and learn some respect here as a poolee. You aren't one of us yet, you haven't earned it or that respect.

A PFC is addressed as Private First Class, not Private. You wouldn't call a LCpl a Corporal, it is the same concept.

I was reading through some of these posts and just couldn't help but laugh. There's this male poolee who is afraid of a few sand fleas! I know plenty of female recruits who complain less than him! When I was on the island, we just let them bite. I remember being swarmed by sand fleas and mosquitos while waiting outside the chow hall, I still recall the words of my Drill Instructors "they will eat before you will eat". Cutter? Nah, we didn't get any of that! Maybe once or twice during boot we got to put on some bug spray, but that was it. I remember being covered in bites almost every day, but it never really bothered me, nor did it bother the other female recruits in my platoon. We were disciplined! So yes, I find it funny that this male poolee is crying over a few sand fleas. The initial post was fine, but when he continued to press the issue, well, all my respect for him went down the drain.

Grow some Balls!!! I have a pair I could lend you....

a Private First Class is called a Private First Class or PFC.

and oscar company '01 was nasty, undisciplined trash.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    oscar company '01 was nasty, undisciplined trash.
    I don't know what you're talking about, SSgt... We are the leanest meanest fighting machines to ever roam the Earth! Only the hard core Marines come out of 4th BN, Rah!

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    A PFC is addressed as Private First Class, not Private. You wouldn't call a LCpl a Corporal, it is the same concept.

I was reading through some of these posts and just couldn't help but laugh. There's this male poolee who is afraid of a few sand fleas! I know plenty of female recruits who complain less than him! When I was on the island, we just let them bite. I remember being swarmed by sand fleas and mosquitos while waiting outside the chow hall, I still recall the words of my Drill Instructors "they will eat before you will eat". Cutter? Nah, we didn't get any of that! Maybe once or twice during boot we got to put on some bug spray, but that was it. I remember being covered in bites almost every day, but it never really bothered me, nor did it bother the other female recruits in my platoon. We were disciplined! So yes, I find it funny that this male poolee is crying over a few sand fleas. The initial post was fine, but when he continued to press the issue, well, all my respect for him went down the drain.

Maybe send him some brass balls.

more than a few were soft looking, so that's debatable.

I got Balls of steel, just like Chuck Norris (in case any of you were wondering)....

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post

Good stuff. Except the part where I was playing along with the SSgt after he made some comments. Crying about sand fleas? I think I remember saying I'll be ok while all the blue blood yank's are getting gnawed on. But anything to pick on a poolee. I guess I'll get used to it until July 24th.

And as far as PFC DWG goes, I didn't mean anything negative by it. He doesn't have to explain a damned thing. Some people; however, enjoy telling their stories to other people. I've already written him a PM and explained that I meant nothing by it and was just curious.

Take care ya'll

Skin-So-Soft (Avon product) for the sand fleas. I was there for almost 3 years as a PMI.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ya, when you get a tan (from the sun, not some tanning bed), it roughens up the skin. Mosquitoes just pass you on by and pick an easier target. There will be plenty to choose from. I used to party out in the Everglades at some camps in the middle of the swamp. You haven't seen mosquitoes until you've been in the swamp...I'm sure you have being in Central Fl though. We get mosquitoes year round...they don't die in the winter here!

If you don't mind me asking DWG, you were active in 68 and only achieved the rank of Private?
    Because I got out in '69 with a medical! Hell, I'd be the damn commandant by now!

Thread Information