Recruiter told me...
Create Post

Recruiter told me...

That another kid in DEP caved on being infantry, so he told me I got an infantry mos... I asked him if it was 0311(what I want) and he said yes. Is this true? Or is it just a case of my MOS field is 03XX and I find out exactly what MOS I get at a later date? If so, when exactly do you find out? Before or after boot?

If you are going active I believe you find out at ITB (infantry school)

You will find out after boot, at SOI you will be given your exact designation.

Thanks. Yup, active duty for me.

Congrats. I hope that happens with me. I want 03xx but since there are no openings available right now Im on open contract right now.

And youll find out in ITB which infantry position youll get. When do you ship to boot? and where?

Yup, you made the right choice if you want infantry I think. When it came time to sign the contract Infantry was not availible, so I signed an open contract in hopes that the recruiters would work to get me infantry. It was taking a risk... but my recruiters knew how much I wanted infantry and not something like food service haha. Luckily that kid back out and I got infantry!

Quote Originally Posted by jpg8402 View Post
    ...but my recruiters knew how much I wanted infantry and not something like food service haha...
    We'll see how funny that is when you're starving... Nope, no apologies required; haze yourself and thank the Lord for FSSGs who are still there to support you.

My soccer coach in high school was a cook in the Marine Corps. He used to cook us up some great food, and he was a black belt in something or other. Used to beat our asses lol.

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If you're reserve I'm pretty much sure you got what your recruiter told you. If you are Active you will find out after ITB.

Correct me if I'm wrong Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by jpg8402 View Post
    but my recruiters knew how much I wanted infantry and not something like food service haha. Luckily that kid back out and I got infantry!
    As a poolee you really dont need to be talking s***. I understand that was probably a bad attempt at a joke but still. You very well could be ****ing off a Marine on this website who is in Food Service. And besides they make the damn food and Marines love chow. As for the original question you will find out your specific MOS at ITB. It varies by company as to how and when they do it, but just because you want to be an 11 does not mean you will be.

None of you poolees should be making fun of any MOS. I know some damn good Marines in food service, and I am sure they would not appreciate that remark, especially from a civilian who doesn't know sh!t. Maybe it was just a bad joke, but you made it sound as if food service Marines are a lesser standard. Marines love their chow, food service Marines are the difference between hot chow and MRE's when in the field/ combat zone. Do not make fun of any MOS: you are civilians/poolees, you are not Marines.

Whoah... I'm not making fun of the Marines that do those jobs or making them seem as if they were a lesser standard, if anything I was poking fun at the job itself... I certainly wasn't talking ****. With all due respect, I really don't think its that hard to see that. I know that just like in the civilian world every job is important and somebody needs to get it done, I just know thats not what I want to do in the Marine Corps. I'm sorry it came off as an insult or **** talking... but it really wasn't.

You tell me I'm not a Marine as if I don't know that already... I'll be the first to tell you that. I did so out of habit at MEPS when the lady said; "And your a Marine". I'd never claim the title without having earned it first, nor would I let someone else think I was without actually being one.

Learn this now or learn it on the quarterdeck, the correct response in this case would be Aye, SGT or Aye, PFC depending on who's doing the dressing down at the time. It's for your reference and your own good so take the time out to learn when not to run your suck and how to properly respond to instruction.

At either MCRD you'll be responding while sweating or crying.

Also remember that its hard to read tone on the internet or text or anything that's not spoken aloud. You may find many of your comments being misconstrued; just remember that when addressing a Marine or being addressed by a Marine regarding the Corps or service in general, the Marine is always right.

Now as said before, PT yourself!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    One of my buddys had the same deal, some kid dropped out of 03xx and he got the Infantry MOS he wanted.

Okay.

Thread Information