General Orders quiz
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

General Orders quiz

A friend of mine who's helping me to memorize my general orders found this quiz online. Thought I'd share.

http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz/qu...161d2ca08.html

nice..14/15

I've been looking at my orders all day and I still got 12/15 first time through...

Credits
    Savings
    15/15...although I wish chewing smokeless tobacco WASN'T a violation hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    15/15...although I wish chewing smokeless tobacco WASN'T a violation hehe
    Chewing smokeless tobacco is not a violation.

Good quiz, thanks for the post

Quote Originally Posted by mbrazil View Post
    Chewing smokeless tobacco is not a violation.
    Although it is not a violation, it is unprofessional and has no place in the military. Smoking/dipping/chewing, they are all disgusting. If this applies to any of you, you might want to kick that habit before thinking about serving in my beloved Corps!

High Standards, Rah!

it's technically not allowed within 50 feet of a government building (tobacco products) however there are MOSs and units that turn a blind eye to dipping so long as it's in a bottle that seals and you don't let it out of your site for someone to drink.

seen it happen.

but as the motivated Sgt has said, it's un healthy and leads to mouth and throat cancer so you should quit. besides I don't allow any of that dipping crap in my maint bay, so you'd only get the 5 min the smokers get every few hours.... it's kinda a waste of time with dip if you ask me.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Although it is not a violation, it is unprofessional and has no place in the military. Smoking/dipping/chewing, they are all disgusting. If this applies to any of you, you might want to kick that habit before thinking about serving in my beloved Corps!

High Standards, Rah!
    you might want to say that to the officers, sncos, nco, and junior marines through out the Marine Corps. cause honestly almost every marine has a bad habbit, either drinking too much, smoking, dipping, whatever it is. theres a bad habit

Quote Originally Posted by avenger08 View Post
    you might want to say that to the officers, sncos, nco, and junior marines through out the Marine Corps. cause honestly almost every marine has a bad habbit, either drinking too much, smoking, dipping, whatever it is. theres a bad habit
    If I can do it, they can too. Oh, and yes, I have mentioned it to a number of higher ups. We don't need tabacco in the Corps, that sh!t is just nasty. Marines are about higher standards and self-improvement! Every time you take in tabacco, a part of you dies. I don't know about you, but I'd rather die honorably serving my country on the battlefield than die in a hospital from some form cancer because I smoked/dipped/chewed. Rah?

Semper Fidelis

Dipping while walking is prohibited while in uniform, as is smoking. While it is not a violation of the General Orders, it is a Marine Corps Order, I'm pretty sure (or is this simply a standard set in the name of professionalism).

If it does fall under an MCO, then God help you if you walk around with a dip in your mouth while on post, or in uniform in general. Standing or sitting still is allowed, although I personally hate it when people dip around me. It's a nasty habit. I never experienced dippers until I became a Marine.

Ok, I found it. Here it is in black and white:

MCO P1020.34G W CH1 1004

3. The use of chewing gum, chewing tobacco, cigarettes or the consumption of
    food while walking in uniform or while in formation, are examples of
    activities that detract from an appropriate military presence. However, good
    judgment will govern the application of this policy in the field environment.

I think most will find that if their SNCO's or Officers dip, then there won't be an issue and vice versa if their SNCO's and Officers don't dip. Most are understanding in a field environment or while deployed. I used to do it just to keep me awake sometimes or when the sand storms would hit and you couldn't go outside to smoke.

I'm really impartial to whoever does it and most of the Marines I've worked with, both higher and lower in rank didn't mind. If it offended someone while I was doing it, I would have taken it out if they asked and as long as you're careful and aren't leaving your spitters laying around the office, I really think it's a non-issue.

To each his own I guess.

I'm never gonna ask someone to not dip, if they are being corteous about it. I just think it is a nasty habit. Carrying a clear bottle around all the time with all that sh*t looking liquid and gunk in it? Not for me.

In the field is one thing, and that's fine and I agree that things should be different in the field. But in garrison, it's different.

Quote Originally Posted by JWDevilDog View Post
    I'm never gonna ask someone to not dip, if they are being corteous about it. I just think it is a nasty habit. Carrying a clear bottle around all the time with all that sh*t looking liquid and gunk in it? Not for me.

In the field is one thing, and that's fine and I agree that things should be different in the field. But in garrison, it's different.
    Agreed! I always pulled the tab back on a soda can so that nobody could actually see it in there.

I honestly never knew this was an issue. I watched a Marine Tanker school special lastnight and the whole class was chewing. Literally, almost the entire class.

Thread Information