New Marine Needs Help
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member XxDevilDogxX's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

New Marine Needs Help

Well, today is the greatest day of my life. As of 1100 on 02 july 2003 i oficially became a Marine. I just got back from MCRD a few hours ago and i am looking for some good pictures of eagle globe and anchors for a tattoo idea. Does anyone know a good site with some good pics? any help would be appreciated. Thnx.

if the lord wanted you to have a tattoo he would have put one on you at birth

Hold the thought of that tatoo, Devil-dog, when I was on active duty and about your age, a savy "Old Corps" guy told me not to consider getting that type of "ID" until you were sure you would never fall into an enemy's hands. There are places in this world where they would cut that tatoo off you to show they had captured a Marine. Just a thought...I got mine after I got out.

Right! Given the range of bad guys and their dislike for types like us, that type of adviertisment could hurt a guy. My biggest challenge with tat's is trying to explain to my 4 year old that 1. its not a crayola and he shouldnt follw suit. 2. Getting him to understand why it was ok for me and not for him.

Good luck either way.

Semper Fi little brother!

MW

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Art Petersn
    if the lord wanted you to have a tattoo he would have put one on you at birth [/QUOTE

Art Petersn
    let him grow to be a diehard Marine

Credits
    Savings
    First and foremost Congratulations Marine!

Welcome to the Brotherhood. I would recommend you heed the advise of your older and wiser brothers on this one, you have plenty of time to get at tattoo give it a little time.

Semper Fi

First.... Congratulation Marine!!!!!

Second.....

Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
    We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
    Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

I’d think about it a while, you really don't need a tattoo to show the world you're a Marine.

Army General Black Jack Pershing once said of the Army, “Why can’t they be more like Marines, after all, they come from the same places, they’re basically the same men”.

Being a Marine is more than training, it’s a Mind Set, Your Attitude and Posture says all that needs saying.

Semper Fi and welcome to the Brotherhood.

Bob Neener
    Golf 2/9 Lima 3/3
    Vietnam 1965-1966

Registered User Free Member richgitz's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

SEMPER-FI-JarHead.
    You are on in the fold. Quite an experiance so far, I''ll bet. Carry
    that title with pride and the Corps will never let you down. there
    may be things you will have to do, that you will not like, but it
    builds character. Welcome Aboard.

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up

Congratulations and welcome to the BEST.
    As one of my DI's said when I was in Boot Camp; "If the Marine Corps wanted you to have one, it would have been issued to you."

Semper Fi Marine,
    Chick
    Sgt USMC 63-67

An article in this week's Marine Corps Times states that in the past year some 500 or so former active duty Marines were denied requests to return to active duty because of excessive tattoos.

The Corps does have a policy regarding tattoos, and until you understand what it is, I wouldn't be "inking up" just yet.

Echoing all the wizened Marines who have responded to this.... HOLD ON, SON! Don't rush out in a blaze of glory and do something that you may regret later and may cause you negative consequences.

MR Ventura
    MAJ USMCR
    1968-1975

Holy Smokes

You all are tough.

XxDevilDogxX made this statement:

looking for some good pictures of eagle globe and anchors for a tattoo idea.

Give this young Marine a BREAK! He probably wants to put it on his Chihuahua. Hey Xx, need to get a rid of the Taco Bell Dog and get a real one. LMMFAOROF

And 2nd Thing!

Welcome to the Family Marine. We're proud of you.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation

Welcome aboard, MARINE.

I'm amazed at how fast some of these guys get online after graduating. You'd think there was a Net-link machine at the PX or something.

But to the tattoo.... HOLD ON

Something I have'nt heard anybody mention yet is:

SANITATION.

Iv'e got a few tat's, and thought about having them touched up. Got 'em in '76 and '77, so they'er MANY years old now, and looking kinda rough. Having needles stuck in me from 'Joes tat's and hole N yer belly Shop' just doesn't sound as SAFE as it used to.

IF you got Hepatitius, or an infection years ago, you'd live. Some of that sh!t that is floating around today will KILL YOU... AND YOUR FAMILY. I say and your family, because you can carry this stuff for years, and NOT KNOW it.

You make the call. But, make sure it's something you WANT to live with the rest of your life.

Terry

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I concurr - why? This being my 25th Anniversary year, is the year I get MINE.
    It took me that long to come up with the concept on paper - before I was ready to live with it the rest of my life.
    I already did the holes in my ear thing. I stopped wearin those a long damm time ago.

Semper Fidelis - To the Corps

Barndog

Congratulations Marine!

Ok, I'll be the odd ball. I like tattoos and have six of them myself.

BUT hold on a sec and get to your command and learn about the regs first.

Like MAJMike said, check out this months copy of the Marine Corps Times and you will find the direction the Corps is going with tats.

I wont say not to get one, but rather learn about where and how big IF you decide to get one...

Semper Fi,

Thread Information