Couple questions
Create Post

Couple questions

Hello and thank you guys for serving this beautiful country .
    I am 24 working in construstion industry "death end job" and since i came here (8 years ago) i am interested in joining USMC. I am big supporter , i got all my stuff with USMc insigmia . Well i got couple questions.
    I have work authorization and currently i am waiting for permanent residency ( i did interwiev i am waiting for actuall card to come) can i go to recriuter and sign in? or do i have to wait for card to arrive? Back in HS (i did it here) i did wun 5-8 miles daily and was in shape , right now i have been smoking for some time and just yesterday i started to exercise and follow plan to get back into shape. Before i contact recruiter i want to actually ask you people . Back in hs i did asvab ( 85 i belive) but that was back in 2005 , do i still have to take asvab?
    How often are active duty marines coming home to families and for how long?
    How long after boot camp does it take to become scout sniper?

thatnk you for your time reading it
    and semper fidelis !!!

luke

Well for starters, you took the time to make a post, now take the time to fill out all of your profile and read the site rules.....
    [Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

***Rule Three when using the words Marine or Corps on this site they will be capitalized at all times!

***Rule Four make sure that you have a completed profile less than that is unsat and will get you banned for a period up to and including permanently!

***Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...=29048&page=15

Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59447

uups sorry
    i am fixing it right now

Whether you have to wait longer or not, it wouldn't hurt to go down to your local recruiting station and talk to a recruiter. If you have authorized green card paperwork, sans the card, you should be fine, if you have yet to be approved for a green card it is my understanding that you would have to wait. Where are you originally from?

Thread Information