Made it through the MEPS finally...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Made it through the MEPS finally...

First time I have gone, but still took a long time to get there. Had to get a ton of paperwork for a screw in my toe, but covered ass enough to make it through. Wasn't a bad day, lots of hurry up and wait of course. Lots of poorly behaved and undisciplined children there, some of the behavior was atrocious. I swear in April 1st, they filled the max that can swear in for March so I have to wait. But I guess I am in the DEP now.

Did well on my ASVAB, AFQT 84 and GT 121. I know I can do better, but I'll take it without complaining.

For anybody worried about the MEPS, don't be. Just keep your mouth shut, your ears open, say yes sir and ma'am, and do exactly as you are told and nothing else. When they say you can be punished by the UCMJ, you can't since you are not in the military until you hit boot, so don't let them use that against you. Just say what needs to be said and don't volunteer anything, period.

Kyle Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by KGunner View Post
    First time I have gone, but still took a long time to get there. Had to get a ton of paperwork for a screw in my toe, but covered ass enough to make it through. Wasn't a bad day, lots of hurry up and wait of course. Lots of poorly behaved and undisciplined children there, some of the behavior was atrocious. I swear in April 1st, they filled the max that can swear in for March so I have to wait. But I guess I am in the DEP now.

Did well on my ASVAB, AFQT 84 and GT 121. I know I can do better, but I'll take it without complaining.

For anybody worried about the MEPS, don't be. Just keep your mouth shut, your ears open, say yes sir and ma'am, and do exactly as you are told and nothing else. When they say you can be punished by the UCMJ, you can't since you are not in the military until you hit boot, so don't let them use that against you. Just say what needs to be said and don't volunteer anything, period.

Kyle Gunn
    If you made it through MEPs, and are now a Poolee, update that profile.

Wait until you swear in April 1st to update status, bro. He doesn't swear in until then, LCpl.

Dangit I misread his post.

Ummm...good job. Can I ask a question, what did you mean by "Dont volunteer anything"?

Quote Originally Posted by KGunner View Post

Kyle Gunn

I hate MEPS, there was only a few little prick heads, yes that is annoying.

Credits
    Savings
    i think he means don't volunteer any past medical history, any personal information that might go against you. Don't incriminate yourself.

I hope he didn't mean don't volunteer to do anything because I heard that making in the Marines is quite the opposite...volunteer for everything (in boot at least).

Anyways, my MEPS story was a nightmare...i went down there 3 days in a row and sat there from 0600-1700 both days getting nothing done. Finally the third day I left a 1300 because they finally got my tattoo waiver filled out.

I hate MEPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo22 View Post
    ...volunteer for everything (in boot at least).

Why would you volunteer for everything in boot? We had guys who were squad leaders for the entire cycle that volunteered for everything that didn't even get so much as a pat on the back. I'm not sure why people say to volunteer for stuff in boot, just shut your mouth and do what you're told. Nothing more. Nothing less.

'Rah?

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    volunteer for everything (in boot at least).
    You are soo wrong. Read the boot camp experiences. DO NOT volunteer for anything.

I agree with Tallboot, MEPs is hell in disguise with demons in MD clothing. Ready, able and willing to DQ any poor soul in there for anything, even a broken toe nail..

Marine Family Free Member SmithAdrian's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    MEPS isn't that bad...they are doing their jobs. It's not supposed to be user friendly...you are trying to join the military. MEPS is a reality check. Just do what they say, sit where you are told and STFU for a few hours...

The place is boring, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmithAdrian View Post
    MEPS isn't that bad...they are doing their jobs. It's not supposed to be user friendly...you are trying to join the military. MEPS is a reality check. Just do what they say, sit where you are told and STFU for a few hours...

The place is boring, but that's about it.

Exactly. I didn't mind it at all really. The only thing that got on my nerves were the kids who felt everything on their minds was important, and did nothing but complain all day. Other than that I had a good time watching the doctors and other personnel mess with the kids who failed to follow instructions.

I hope he didn't mean don't volunteer to do anything because I heard that making in the Marines is quite the opposite...volunteer for everything (in boot at least).
    Poolee, you go ahead and volunteer for everything in boot. That's the way to be motivated!

Lol Cpl, you're gonna ruin that poor kid's boot camp experience...

"I need four recruits for the Willy Wonka Chocolate factory tour. Oh, there's four, now GO CLEAN THE SH*TTERS YOU STUPID F*CKS!!"

Never volunteer in boot... When you hit the Fleet, ok go ahead and volunteer, because the working parties usually aren't all that bad, and it gives you something to do. Also, your chain of command notices those who volunteer a lot. In boot, it doesn't matter if anyone notices.

Quote Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
    Why would you volunteer for everything in boot? We had guys who were squad leaders for the entire cycle that volunteered for everything that didn't even get so much as a pat on the back. I'm not sure why people say to volunteer for stuff in boot, just shut your mouth and do what you're told. Nothing more. Nothing less.

'Rah?
    You don't need a pat on the back to do the right thing, regardless of how much or little moto you've got.

Well Marine you go ahead and volunteer to do the right thing. Go paint rocks, hump the 50 cal, clean ****ters, fill sandbags, lay out c-wire, all the fun stuff.

I will supervise and laugh at your motivation. Semper Fi.

Thread Information