Recruiter Question
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member Fakeluke's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Recruiter Question

Can my MOS be changed without my knowing; and how often might this happen.

No.

It doesn't.

Just read the papers you're signin' is all.

Welcome to leatherneck.com. You just found the best place to get the answers to all of yer questions.

I do highly recommend that you read and heed all 400 plus threads in the POOL-ee Hall and Marine Mentor forums! There's answers to questions that you don't even know how to ask in those forums!

We're here to help. You gotta do the work!

s.

Bones

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks, Ive gone thought most of the posts with 'MOS' headings and don't see a particular post like mine.

Im scheduled to ship out in a week and today was notified that my MOS had been given away to someone else, and that kid had already left. I guess my question was answered tho, thanks wrbones/

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you signed an SOU (statement of understanding) at MEPS, that is the document that guarantees your chosen enlistment option. If you DEPped in on an open contract or general service enlistment, you have no guarantee. Sometimes poolees are enlisted with no guarantee because they don't know what job field they want or it is not available. You can get an MOS guarantee all the way up to the day you ship to training.

SIXGUNS

P.S. How does another poolee take a job guarantee that belonged to you? Either it never belonged to you or someone took the program from you. If it is the latter, as long as you had the SOU, the Corps is obligated to get you the program when you get to MCRD.

And to add to the confusion... if you had a guarantee and you let the recruiter move your ship date forward or back, you can forfit your guarantee... 'it is in the small print of the' SOU.

When most people sign the SOU it is no big deal and they forget that it is in there and when the recruiter calls and says you gotta go late or early and you agree... you lose it..

Credits
    Savings
    Hey thanks.. I kinda had that suspicion when i was told that this had happened...

My ship date never changed so i don't think the latter applies to me. When they told me this I made no decision at the time; should I ask to see me SOU then, or should I go along with what my recruiter has told me

Thanks

You should be able to check your paperwork any time you want.

Always ask your recruiter anything and everything, and then listen very closely to what is being said.

Sixguns is our resident expert on such questions. email him or ask your recruiter if you don't have time to wait for an answer here.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Check your enlistment paperwork from MEPS. Your enlistment agreement should contain an "Annex A and B." These would be your Drug SOU and your program SOU. If you only see Annex A listed, you had no guarantee. You can also ask for a copy of your 1966 page 3/Application for enlistment. You would have initialled and signed on the page indicating a program guarantee etc. Also ask to see the "pool dump" that lists all the poolees in the RSS with their ship dates and program guarantees. You can also look on the RSS poolee board to see what option is listed next to your name. Go collect some intel and get back to us.

SIXGUNS

Last edited by Sixguns; 07-04-03 at 07:31 AM.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Oh my GOSH, SIXGUNS knows his stuff!
    ::we're not worthy! we're not worthy!::

Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the help Sixguns and everyone else. The situation worked itself out so I'm set to go on Monday. Take care.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Drop us a line when you get home. Stay focused on your training and never quit or give up!!!!!

Sixguns

Thread Information