MOS School Help
Create Post

Thread: MOS School Help

MOS School Help

My recruiter told me the MOS school in Mississippi for MOS 6821 is 11 weeks long. After MCT, do I wait at home for classes to start or on base? What kind of liberties will I be granted there, and under what circumstances will I stay longer than the 11 weeks it takes to complete the course?

Are you going active or reserve?

I know nothing about the reserves, but if you're going active you'll wait for your class to pick up on base. The liberties depend on what base you're at, your class commander, etc, but I would guess weekend libbo and libbo after 1700 or so on weekdays would be the norm.

I'm going reserve, so I wonder if any of it changes because of that...

I don't think being a reservists changes anything. When I went to my MOS school there were reservists with us. If you have to wait to be picked up by a class you will most likely be assigned to working parties, picking up garbage around the barracks, cleaning the instructors areas etc. Not hard work but definately boring.
    By the way what part of Mississippi is the school located?

Same as in my MOS school we had reservists and they got put on barracks support untill their class picked up

Out in 29 stumps were I was for MOS school; Reservits picked up before anyone else. Because the Corps doesn't want to pay active duty pay to us reservists for any longer then they have to.

Keep your room clean.

The reason I say it may be different for Reservist is because not all of them go directly to MOS school from MCT. Some report directly to their units.

Thread Information