need some advice - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by wrbones
    If ya can't show a little initiative, go talk to the Air Force.

ooOOHHHH rahhhhhhhh BONES!

The Air Wennies

I said one more time and I was goin' off on someone.

I'll bend over backwards to help, but ain't nobody gonna play me like an old piano.

If they can't take what I have to say, they ain't gonna be able to handle a Drill Instructor in their face, let alone the rest of MCRD.

If they'd read the POOL-ee Hall and Marine Mentor forums, they'd know that our methods work around here. Plenty of 'testimonials' from former POOl-ees who came from this site who are now Marines..

well i have now taken the time to read every thread in the pool-ee hall and the marine mentor forums. i did manage to find a lot of info in there i just had to dig around a bit for it. i was looking before but skimming through i should have payed a bit more attention.

Ya read 400 threads already...and the links that are posted there!

Got to the bottom of the POOL-ee Hall forum page and take a look....there's some 'buttons' down there ya might wanta play with.....

descending order, last post time, that sort of thing.....

ah i guess i still have quite a few to go thanks bones. i missed the button that is set for the last 30 days. i'll be reading for a while still tonight i guess.

Yer welcome.

Pace yerself. That's a helluva lot of readin', kid!

Ya want a specific topic, use the site search engine. If ya can't find it that way, then ask. I'll do what I can for ya.

There's so much info on this site, it'll make yer head spin! We got answers to questions you don't even know how to ask!

We're here to help, but you guys have to do the work. We can't do it for ya!

s.

Bones

yea thats why i stoped with the search engine it seems to me just about every question there is to ask has already been answered so i am going to look very thourly before i ask another.

I've only seen four new questions in the last six months.

Maybe you'll surprise me and come up with the fifth!

give me a few days to finish reading threw this stuff and i'll try to come up with one for ya.

Good luck! I'm pullin' for ya! LOL.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Re: I'm going 0300

Originally posted by CrazyBrave83
    I don't really know what to tell you but to follow Devil Pups advice. I'm a poolee and I'm going 0300 (infantry). Infantry definitely has a lot of work, they're the first and foremost fighting men, but remember as long as you're a Marine, you're a rifleman. The Infantryman is commonly called "The Backbone of the Corps" because they're the Grunts. You can expect a lot of PT and training, or so my friends who went infantry have told me. The major reason I'm going infantry is because I want to get into Sniping and possibly Recon, and Infantry is the starting point to get into other combat groups. Your MOS choice basically depends on what you want to not only START with in the Corps, but what you want to move on to with ease.

That's my two cents.

-Sully
    I know it can be a difficult decision to make with regard to choice of MOS. However, it is YOUR life and YOUR Corps of which you will be a part - I suggest that you take the initiative by going back to your recruiter and insist on having him or her assist you in choosing the right MOS for you. It is certainly true that you will be first and foremost a rifleman. It is also true that the Corps will place you in whatever capacity that the Corps calls for. But, the Marine Corps will also allow you to make decisions on your own - often for the first time in your life. The opportunity to think for yourself will also enable you to save the lives of your fellow Marines when the time ever comes. Take the bull by the horns and respectfully ask for some guidance, then make the ultimate decision on your own.

BTW, Sully, the figure of speech is "my two bits", not "two cents" - putting in one's "two cents" does not exist and is incorrect. "Two bits" originally meant "two-eighths" or "one-quarter" (one bit=one-eighth) of a whole Spanish or English silver doubloon), which was not worth a fortune, but since it was pure grain silver, putting in one's "two bits" of opinion or money's worth was not insignificant, but wasn't worth gaffing off, either. Two bits, one way or the other, is always worth 23/100 more than two cents (2/100). Look at the term "pieces of eight" and you will understand. So, your advice is not throw-away, which two 'cents' amount to. Hopefully that is what you meant!

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    gwladgarwr

If someone offers you a "penny for your thoughts" and you put in your two cents worth, who gets the extra penny?

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I do!

Can I split it with you?

Since when do poolees get change??????

Thread Information