just a question and opinion answer - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    We could also add that we are a part of the Navy.....The BEST Part!!!

Hey Doc, Ya know I'm just bustin yer chops. Love ya man. SF

After Seal hell week dont know how hard training is.. Its used to weed out the unfit

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My idea, in that post, was just to make everybody THINK!! Most of that CRAP, I said, is "probably" true, but who gives a SH!T?? "DIS", the squids, all you want, it's OK! The Navy knows why they're transporting Marines....Fleet Marines, are the first to hit the beach-head, first to kill, and BE killed, and ALWAYS LAST....to leave! 99% of the squids, that work with The Fleet Marines, have the HIGHEST RESPECT for them!! AND.....SO DO I!!! I'm happy you ALL enjoyed my "pecker-pulling"!!!!......DOC

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    My idea, in that post, was just to make everybody THINK!! Most of that CRAP, I said, is "probably" true, but who gives a SH!T?? "DIS", the squids, all you want, it's OK! The Navy knows why they're transporting Marines....Fleet Marines, are the first to hit the beach-head, first to kill, and BE killed, and ALWAYS LAST....to leave! 99% of the squids, that work with The Fleet Marines, have the HIGHEST RESPECT for them!! AND.....SO DO I!!! I'm happy you ALL enjoyed my "pecker-pulling"!!!!......DOC
    Always do Doc. SF

MACH 1, and BONEHEAD......when "you", have "your" own Ships, "your" own MEDICS, "your" own Aircraft, "your" own Military Academy, "your" own chow, and "your" own budget, directed by "your" Secretary of The Marine Corps, THEN, AND ONLY THEN, CAN "YOU" PICK-ON, AND DOWN-GRADE THE UNITED STATES NAVY......"WE", OWN THE MARINE CORPS, AND "WE", TELL "YOU" WHO, WHAT, AND WHERE, TO ATTACK....BY ORDER OF THE PRESIDENT, THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE, THE SECRETARY OF THE NAVY, THEN........THE COMMANDER OF THE MARINE CORPS!!! "You're" ALL "SQUIDS", with UGLY Green uniforms....HOW'S THAT?????......SEMPER FIDELIS.....DOC
    Dont worry Doc we just keep you employed. Kind of like a cab driver.
    Semper Fi

Over the years of floating around on one of those canoe's, I have gained a great deal of respect for a lot of jobs the Navy does. Some are still high on my "don't waste my time" list to. My last deployment on ship, we were "preboat" on the LCAC's. Those guys did an awsome job and they always looked out for us. As the assault element, we were always the first of the ship and the last back on. Those guy's on the LCAC's would hose our vehicles down for us after we came back onboard. In return, we would always get as many MRE's (foreign versions) as possible for those guys. They loved trying the different ones that our NATO friends. They also put in more hours working on there LCAC then we did with our vehicles. Long hours for them sometimes but they did have it good when they were sitting on the beach waiting for us to return to the ship.

I will try to be politically correct here...ALL OPS will be the hardest and most demanding thing that you ever do! I'm prejudiced towards Force Recon simply because I've never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. I've done a lot of what Seal teams have done...sub insertion, scuba, halo,40K humps to target, F***ed up Intel, but I have never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. So from my stand point Force Recon is tougher.

Gotta Love a Marine/ Navy Debate

I cant really say who is tougher Force Recon, or Seals. The closest I ever got to Force Recon, was when I was attached 2nd Force Reconassince Bn my last 5 months in the Corps. I always thought those Ricky Recon boys were pretty slick with there Wings and Scuba Bubbles. I remember standing in formation with those guys alot of times. I stuck out like a sore thumb, they all had cammies that wernt pressed, long hair, and everyonce and while youd see a group with facial hair, because there OpSec allowed it for where ever the hell it was they were going. Then you had me a Lance with high and tight, polished boots, and pressed cammies.(I had to be a poster boy for my Bn). Always thought that was funny, I never talked to them, they never talked to me. To them I was prob just the weirdo standing at the end of there formation, but man I thought they were some cool dudes thats for sure

Probably the initial SEAL training is a good deal more difficult but, Force has more schools in the long run. So what's harder sprinting or long distance running?

I would wager that the sustainment training would probably be similar in both intensity and focus.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    BHABIT.....been a Platinum Member since 2003? Your PROFILE says a lot about the kind of person you are......SO does your SIGNATURE!! AND.....ALL of those posts in 6 YEARS!! Since this thread is "just a question and opinion answer"...GUESS MY QUESTION!!!! GUESS MY OPINION!!!! ANSWER.....either you're a poser, a wannabe, or just an idiot!........DOC

BHABIT.....been a Platinum Member since 2003? Your PROFILE says a lot about the kind of person you are......SO does your SIGNATURE!! AND.....ALL of those posts in 6 YEARS!! Since this thread is "just a question and opinion answer"...GUESS MY QUESTION!!!! GUESS MY OPINION!!!! ANSWER.....either you're a poser, a wannabe, or just an idiot!........DOC
    Ya know Doc I was thinking the same thing, just wanted to see who would say something first.

K

Quote Originally Posted by BHABIT View Post
    I will try to be politically correct here...ALL OPS will be the hardest and most demanding thing that you ever do! I'm prejudiced towards Force Recon simply because I've never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. I've done a lot of what Seal teams have done...sub insertion, scuba, halo,40K humps to target, F***ed up Intel, but I have never heard of a Seal going through a jungle extraction. So from my stand point Force Recon is tougher.
    K now after reading all of your Post BHABIT, now I wanna play a bit, as of now from reading your posts. I find it hard to believe what you are saying, if you wall be taking seriously, and are a Marine fill out your damn profile, because seriously my BS flag is waving, and it s black flag day on the range.

He's one hell of a Marine if he hit Gunny in less then 8 years....

To the actual question, I think both are very similar, but I would put FR at a higher point simply because of the bootcamp we go though.

Last edited by MLMonk; 04-08-09 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Getting on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    He's one hell of a Marine if he hit Gunny in less then 8 years....

To the actual question, I think both are very similar, but I would put FR at a higher point simply because of the bootcamp we go though.
    It can be done I seen it in 6 years.

Thread Information