Prayer Request - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davblay;458587[B
    ]"BLESSED ARE THE CHILDREN",[/B] I feel the good LORD will look after the little guy and do what he thinks is best. My prayer are out for you and your wife and the little toad! May all come out well, be patient and let the hands of the Lord guide you thru this troublesome time.

Semper Fi,

Dave
    The Lord doesn't put more on us then we can handle, however when we loose a child it's hard to understand. But this little fellow just wasn't ready to face the challenges of this old world. Blessed be the name of the LORD THY GOD, and Rest easy knowing that he is in the arms of our savior. He will not suffer any longer and we will all be together when they have that final formation. What a glorious reunion it will be, Amen!

My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family, brother.

Dave

Thank all of you for the words of comfort. They brought tears to my eyes. I appreciate all the support that you have given me and my family. I will not forget it.

Semper Fi brothers and sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marine4Life View Post
    Thank all of you for the words of comfort. They brought tears to my eyes. I appreciate all the support that you have given me and my family. I will not forget it.

Don't mention it Marine. You are my brother. True brothers stick together, and support one another. If you need anything just ask. SF

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marine4Life View Post

*nod*
    You are in my prayers daily.
    Any update by the way?

If I missed one I apologize.

I am soo sorry I missed your earlier post.
    My sincere apologies.
    I feel the fool.
    I am sooo sorry for your loss.
    Your family is and will continue to be in my prayers.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Prayers outbound to your family for your loss!

Your son,wife,you and your family will continue to be on my prayer list to be uplifted to the Supreme Commandant!

Semper Fidelis!

Deepest Condolences

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss and pray that you and your wife will find peace in knowing that your son is with our Father in heaven.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    1Marine4Life, I know it probably seems like yesterday since 3/6/09 since your son went to heaven but I just wanted to let you know I still have you and your family in my prayers.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Closure

Everyone, I want to start off by saying thanks again for all of your support through this tough time. My family and I really appreciate all the kind words and prayers that you ladies and gents sent our way. They were extremely helpful. In the past few days we have found out what the cause of our sons death was. I would try to explain it but I just cut and pasted it to this post. I hope it helps someone because it was something that neither my wife nor I had ever heard of. Here it is:

Cytomegalovirus infection may be acquired prenatally or perinatally. Signs at birth, if present, are intrauterine growth restriction, prematurity, microcephaly, jaundice, petechiae, hepatosplenomegaly, periventricular calcifications, chorioretinitis, and pneumonitis. Later in infancy, signs are pneumonia, hepatosplenomegaly, hepatitis, thrombocytopenia, and atypical lymphocytosis. Diagnosis is by virus isolation or serology. Treatment is supportive. Parenteral ganciclovir can prevent hearing deterioration, but its use remains controversial.

Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is frequently isolated from neonates. Although most infants shedding this virus are asymptomatic, others have life-threatening illness and devastating long-term sequelae.
    It is not known when a woman with primary CMV can safely conceive. Because risk to the fetus is difficult to assess, women who develop primary CMV during pregnancy should be counseled, but few experts recommend routine serologic testing for CMV before or during pregnancy in healthy women.

Etiology
    Congenital CMV infection, which occurs in 0.2 to 2.2% of live births worldwide, may result from transplacental acquisition of either a primary or recurrent maternal infection. Clinically apparent disease in the neonate is much more likely to occur after a primary maternal exposure, particularly in the 1st half of pregnancy. In some higher socioeconomic groups in the US, 50% of young women lack antibody to CMV, making them susceptible to primary infection.

Perinatal CMV infection is acquired by exposure to infected cervical secretions, breast milk, or blood products. Maternal antibody is thought to be protective, and most exposed term infants are asymptomatic or not infected. In contrast, preterm infants (who lack antibody to CMV) can develop serious infection or death, particularly when transfused with CMV-positive blood. Efforts should be made to transfuse these infants with only CMV-negative blood or components.
    Symptoms and Signs
    Many women who become infected with CMV during pregnancy are asymptomatic, but some develop a mononucleosis-like illness.
    About 10% of infants with congenital CMV infection are symptomatic at birth. Manifestations include intrauterine growth restriction, prematurity, microcephaly, jaundice, petechiae, hepatosplenomegaly, periventricular calcifications, chorioretinitis, and pneumonitis. Infants who acquire CMV after birth may develop pneumonia, hepatosplenomegaly, hepatitis, thrombocytopenia, and atypical lymphocytosis, especially if they are premature.
    Diagnosis
    Symptomatic congenital CMV infection must be distinguished from other congenital infections, including toxoplasmosis, rubella, and syphilis.
    In neonates, viral culture is the primary diagnostic tool; maternal diagnosis can also be made by serologic testing. Culture specimens should be refrigerated until inoculation on fibroblast cells. Congenital CMV is diagnosed if the virus is isolated from urine or other body fluids obtained within the 1st 2 wk of life. After 2 wk, positive cultures may indicate perinatal or congenital infection. Infants may shed CMV for several years after either type of infection.
    A CBC and differential and liver function tests may be helpful. A cranial ultrasound or CT examination and an ophthalmologic evaluation should also be performed.

Prognosis and Treatment
    Symptomatic neonates have a mortality rate of up to 30%, and 70 to 90% of survivors have some neurologic impairment, including hearing loss, mental retardation, and visual disturbances. In addition, 10% of asymptomatic neonates eventually develop neurologic sequelae. Because hearing defects are a concern, close monitoring after the neonatal period is needed.
    No specific therapy is available. Ganciclovir decreases viral shedding in neonates with congenital CMV and prevents hearing detrioration at 6 mo. When therapy stops, the virus is again shed; therefore, its role in treatment remains controversial.
    decreases viral shedding in neonates with congenital CMV and prevents hearing deterioration at 6 mo. When therapy stops, the virus is again shed; therefore, its role in treatment remains controversial.

Prevention
    Nonimmune pregnant women should attempt to limit exposure to the virus. For instance, because CMV infection is common in children attending day care centers, pregnant women should always wash their hands thoroughly after exposure to urine and respiratory secretions from children. Transfusion-associated perinatal CMV disease can be avoided by giving preterm neonates blood products from CMV-seronegative donors or products that have been treated to make them noninfectious. Development of a vaccine against CMV is under investigation.

The things that I have bolded are what my son had and his symptoms. Pregnant women should pay close attention to the last paragraph. Again, I hope this can raise some awareness on the subject because even the doctor says there isn't enough exposure on the matter. There were other impairments that a survivor could have had including brain damage and MS. Those were not in this article but we found a blog dedicated to people who have been through the same thing. It was started by a doctor with high expertise on these types of things

Here is the link if you want to read the actual article:

http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec19/ch279/ch279b.html

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    1Marine4Life, that says it all. No matter what you go through you will always be a Marine4Life and have a big supporting Marine family.
    There's nothing I can say or do to help your situation but to let you know I'm your friend and I'm praying for you and your family.
    I had bad thing happen in my life but GOD always replaces the bad with something good. I believe there's always a reason but we usually never find out why.
    All I do is trust in GOD and ride it out.
    I don't go to church anymore but I still fill close to GOD and always remember GOD said I will never put anything on you that you can't stand.
    Thanks for sharing your sadness and the update on the problem. Maybe it will help someone else.
    Remember all us Jarheads are hear for you brother.
    Once a Marine Always A Marine
    Semper Fi Redman1

I am deeply sorry for your lose. I have been praying for you and your family since the first post. Hopefully this lose is getting a little easier now even though it will always hurt. How's mom doing? Let her know we are here for her also.

Marine Family Free Member ScottsMom's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. I continue to pray for you and your family. Hang in there Marine.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    WARRICK....You, and your wife, know that your baby, is safe in GOD'S hands. My prayers, are with you both. When I came home, from Nam, my first wife lost two babies, one by miscarriage, and one that lived for five days. That was 37 years ago, and still, today I grieve for those two little sweethearts. I've trusted in GOD'S wisdom, and his help, to carry me through some very difficult times, and I know HE is there, with you and your wife, and listening. GOD bless you both, and your little sweetheart......DOC GREEK

Credits
    Savings
    As others have said, we'll be here for you Brother. Always remeber that you and yoour wife are with family here, and we will do our best to help in any little way we can. Hang in there, the pain will ease with time, and as Doc said, your Angel is with God now. He is in good hands, and when the time comes, you will be reunited with him. I'll continue to pray for you and yours.

Prayers for you and you family.

Thread Information