Taking Chance - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking Chance

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Where did you hear that at? Not disputing it but just curious. I looked over Kevin Bacon's uniform pretty hard since he wore it the whole movie and it looked pretty squared away. Maybe I missed something but it sure looked like he could have passed a uniform inspection.
    It was one of the Sergeants in my school, when we were waiting for MSgt. to come and talk to the class we were talking about the difference between the three Tie Clasps (Pvt-Sgt, SSgt and up, and then the Officers) and then the topic just switched to the movies about the Marine Corps. I don't know if it's true though.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    I used to look at the uniforms when I was a young pup. Always wanted to make sure things were right. After a while I realized that I was missing the movie. Don't worry about their unforms. Just watch the movie's and enjoy them for the entertainment they were made for. Watch it a second time if you want to nitpick.
    Yes Gunny, I make sure I enjoy the movie, and then when I don't have life I just watch again for the heck of it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Kinda like the Army chic on Taking Chance at Dover that saluted, outside, while uncovered, the LtCol before he departed with the PFC.
    No, not at all like that. That Army female was within Army regs when she saluted outside without a cover or blouse. The Army has different orders and regulations regarding those things and one is that they can render a salute in any uniform, including pt gear. It's pretty nasty to see in real life but as long as it's an order, I can't call it wrong. However, that is just one simple example of what seperates the Marines from the Army.

Reminds me of being in Kuwait which was a no salute area for Marines but the Army did salute, especially in pt gear and there were Army Lt's and Captains who would walk past a group of us and then come back and ask why we didn't salute him. I told one, "Sir, with all do respect, this is a combat zone and I don't want to identify you as a target for a sniper." He seemed to get the hint and moved on. I have no issues giving the proper greeting of the day but saluting is a no go when not authorized.

Talking

It was a well made movie. I like Heartbreak Ridge better. My favorite part in the movie is when hes on the plane. The girl next to him is texting....hot soldier....actually its Marine. You guys know the part...LOL.

Haha yea that was one of the best parts! Yup Heartbreak ridge is a good one too, any movie with Bad *** Clint Eastwood is good.

YOU OVERRIDE THAT CENSOR AGAIN AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO>>>WINKY WINK

Last edited by thedrifter; 03-10-09 at 02:36 PM.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My eyes watered up several times during the movie. My thoughts and prayers go out to the fallen Marines family.

I think it is a actual law somewhere that the actors can not wear 100% accurate uniforms, in most movies you can usually find something wrong with their uniform.

But yeah, I loved the movie, very good.

Thread Information