I Need HELP..9 weeks to ship, Out of Shape..Need fitness guidance, please
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation I Need HELP..9 weeks to ship, Out of Shape..Need fitness guidance, please

I have came to the conclusion I dont know what I am doing and I Need Help! I just DEP'd last week and I have 9 weeks to ship and im 5'11, 220 lbs. I can perform the minimum 45 crunches in 2 mins, the 1.5 mile is cutting it close to the required 13.5 mins and I can only do 3/4 of One freakin pullup... Its horrible - I know - but any advice or a specific training program for 8-9 weeks would help me so much. Im taking this remaining time seriously and I have all day everyday available to me as well as a Gym. I would like to shed 20 pounds by the time I ship, I'm highly motivated and want to know the best way to get in some resemblance of shape b4 I leave, anything you guys can give me ill appreciate greatly.

Thank you so much, Im anticipating your responses

Listen Up

Quote Originally Posted by CountryCruZn View Post
    I have came to the conclusion I dont know what I am doing and I Need Help! I just DEP'd last week and I have 9 weeks to ship and im 5'11, 220 lbs. I can perform the minimum 45 crunches in 2 mins, the 1.5 mile is cutting it close to the required 13.5 mins and I can only do 3/4 of One freakin pullup... Its horrible - I know - but any advice or a specific training program for 8-9 weeks would help me so much. Im taking this remaining time seriously and I have all day everyday available to me as well as a Gym. I would like to shed 20 pounds by the time I ship, I'm highly motivated and want to know the best way to get in some resemblance of shape b4 I leave, anything you guys can give me ill appreciate greatly.

When I was in the Marine Corp, they hated you. Why? Because you never fit and never will. You're best move is in loooking intoWW the Navy SEALs and then where you want to go. Why, choose any? Well, I've been thee and we want you... Anyways, trustme....

WWP=BErd

lthunder, I do not get nor understand what it is you are trying to say, I WILL become a Marine, there is no other choice ... Im looking for Physical Fitness guidance and help to get started on the journey of becoming a United States Marine, NOTHING ELSE

Eat less junk. Eat more protein fruits and vegetables and drink all the water you can. Stop boozing and living like a nasty civilian. Run. Run a lot and run far. Lift weights, do pull-ups, sit-ups and other weight/strength conditioning exercises. You don't need us to tell you the obvious.

Do not listen to ithunder he is an apparent poser.
    Do as fjmas said, run, run and then run some more. The thing is, is your weight, the more you lose the easier it will be to run and do pull ups. Also include some weight training, specifically upper body. For me one of the best exercises I found for upper body is push ups. They are simple easy and work. 9 weeks is plenty of time as long as you put forth the effort.

lthunder, I do not get nor understand what it is you are trying to say
    Don't feed the trolls Poolee
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryCruzn
    I have all day everyday available to me as well as a Gym
    Lucky, some of us have to make a dollar

But if you're willing to workout or at the least remain active 8 hours a day like people who have physical jobs scraping paint off houses, stripping concrete, setting chokers et cetera that 20lbs and then some will come boiling off soon enough. Good Luck though, it's the beginning of a lifestyle change

--->Dave

Ok, Ok ... So since I have no job or much to do til I ship, would it be beneficial or harmful to go to the gym everyday all day and jus stay on the treadmill walking and running? and then every other day mix in a complete upper body workout? Also should I do pushups everyday, or should I do them every other day with the upper body workout ...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't listen to lthunder he's an ass hole
    We had a overweight guy in Boot Camp it was his second time around he failed Boot Camp the first time and was going again. They sent him to what they called Motivation Plt for a couple of weeks and then he finished with us. He made PFC out of Boot Camp. Just shows if your heart is in it you can make it.
    SlingerDun gave you good advice so take it. If you can't loose all the weight Boot Camp will do the rest if you are willing to work hard.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Ok, Ok ... So since I have no job or much to do til I ship, would it be beneficial or harmful to go to the gym everyday all day and jus stay on the treadmill walking and running? and then every other day mix in a complete upper body workout? Also should I do pushups everyday, or should I do them every other day with the upper body workout ...
    Running everyday is a good start, but you need to change it up. Here is my schedule, I am attempting to get back in shape for National Guard OCS.
    M,F I run 3-5 miles
    T,TH I run 2 miles and I track my time (This is the Army PFT distance so you would use 3 miles)
    W,Sat I run wind sprints, 25 yards and back, 50 yards and back, 75 yards and back, 100 yars and back. I usually do 2-4 sets of these.
    Sun is my day off.
    There is no need to stay at the gym all day, everyday. Work out for a couple of hours a day for say 5-6 days a week. Change your workouts similiar to my running schedule, say upper body a couple of days, lower body a couple of days, etc. Whatever you do DO NOT RUN ON A TREADMILL, get out on the road, find a high school track, whatever just stay out of an air conditioned gym, especially considering you will be at boot during the summer. Spend the remaining time studying your "knowledge." You can get this from your recruiter.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GSEMARINE that's good advice. Hope he takes it.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Thank you GSEMARINE, those sound like some real good workouts, Ill definitely have to work up to 3-5 miles but if I stick to it by the end of the nine weeks ill be in a whole lot better shape than if I did nothing, Im starting today! ... Its still freezing outside where I live so Im going to stay on the treadmill til it warms up, Ill keep you guys posted on my progress ... Thank You

Run Forrest Run to get that weight off along with weight lifting.

Well just got back from the gym, I ran a 9:30 mile and couldnt run any more.. its a horrible start but I gotta start somewhere.. Instead of 3 miles im gonna start out with 1.5 miles trying to make the 13.5 mins time for the IST and when I get there Ill move on to 3 miles.. I did powerwalk 2 miles and sprinted a few minutes as well to get in the distance, tomorrows gonna be more running and upper body workout, im down 2 pounds to 218 im gonna weigh myself next monday and put it up here, the motivation is in me and my determination is unbreakable .. I WILL get there!

Everyone has to start somewhere as long as you stay motivated you will get there, but don't forget about the knowledge. Bootcamp is primarily physical but there is also a lot of information you will have to learn as well. The recruits that do the best are the ones that focus on both. Good luck and stay motivated.

Thread Information