Workout Drugs? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Workout Drugs?

Originally posted by BGMFH

Im 25.7% bodyfat right now according to the sheet the Army recruiters gave me. Another inch off of my waste and I can be all by myself!
    Dont go by the Army's chart, it is not the same as our...

i am leaving for parris island aug. 4th 2003 so i am doing everything i can to get in as best of shape as i can. i did that BMI test and came out to 23. what exactly does that mean and is that good or bad.

23 isn't bad. But as far as the Marine Corps is really concerned, it isn't an important number. You need to pay attention to your weight, and body fat as calculated by the tape measure method. (Far from the most accurate.) And has been said before, your BMI number gets all out of whack if you lift weights regularly, it isn't set up to deal with large amounts of muscle mass.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    CPLRapoza,

You sound like Bones. Yes, get in there and kick when it is needed.

And when Bones comes back, AND HE WILL, I think he'd be pleased to have you as his assistant.

The word is; "Be prepared to step forward, or to step back.

On one hand, you have my vote. On the other hand, and I think you will agree, the answer is "No way, Jose".

So let's wish Bones the very best, and realize that we, you, me, and the rest of us are temporary stop-gaps. We do the best we can, but that doesn't mean that our best is good enough.

In the meantime, life, and the needs of the Poolees, goes on. And if we don't take care of them ..............

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Roger that 1st Sgt. but you know how things sometimes get to far under your skin and the only way to get it out is to stop it before it starts. Cause if it gets in more will follow.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In order for a male to exceed maximum weight standards in the Corps, he cannot have more than 18% body fat and must still meet the military appearance standard for Marines.

If you are trying to make weight in less than a month or using 30 days till training as the "time to get serious" reminder, you are in trouble. When you Depped in, you were made aware of the shipping weight you had to be at. There is no miracle drug to help you now. The keys is to stop lifting weights and get going on some anarobic exercise. Running, biking, swimming etc.

Where has your recruiter been for all this?

SIXGUNS

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I couldn't do one pull-up last November when I swore in. Now I'm doing 8-9. All it took was hard work and excercise. I still eat cookies and all the other **** thats "bad" for you. I know that tuna is awsome for protien though. Just keep getting on the bar and pull. Then after the Bar get down and push. I do this till I can't. Thats been working for me. I hope you kick some out there!

Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Tuna and chicken breast are great for protein. The best thing to do is work hard (HARD) and eat a good meal, meats, vegetables, carbohydrates and drink lots of water. Stay away from soda and beer. Alot of times if you do those "supplements" like creatin and whatever else you will get stronger, but when you stop taking it and like during receiving arn't working, say your arms, your muscle will quickly turn into fat. Those don't work that great.

Creatine never seemed to help much. CLA made a moderate change. But mostly, Hydroxycut just got me in the habit of drinking lots of water, which I still have, and the only supplements I take now are a multivitamins and plenty of "iron." I prefer it in the 25lb plate form.

Thread Information