Viet Nam in Perspective. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    wore my dogtags for about three years...lost them in a drunken fight behinde the silver dollar bar...still have my John Wayne and some gook coin i took off a kia

Doc.dont have ta splane yourself to anyone....nore should anyone who walked that gook infested hell hole

thats all from meee

be safe good people

Can somebody please tell me how to move my signature from Millitary Signatures.com to here? Thanks

"Viet Nam in Perspective". It's hard to get around that last word, "perspective". We all have heard about the battles of places like Khe Sanh or the Tet Offensive and the battle for Hue. "Perspective" most likely depends on "when" you were there, "where" you were in country and "what" unit you served with. The "when", the "where" and the "what" most likely shape your view of Nam and your personal experience there. I have yet to meet someone with the same exact view of that war that I have.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    GREENSIDEOUT....Please don't take this wrong, but could you give us a little more info on your Profile?? I really liked your statement, but would like to get to know you better!......DOC

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Coup View Post
    Can somebody please tell me how to move my signature from Millitary Signatures.com to here? Thanks
    I assume you mean the signature similar to mine. Just click on mine, and it will take you to the site. Access your account there. Then copy the link to your signature, go to your info on this site, and paste it there. SF

Doc, I found this on this web site: http://www.art.com/asp/search_do.asp...1EE32A097D6E3E Their are quite a few there. This is my favorite. It touches me everytime I see it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	lee-teter-vietnam-reflections.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	7124

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    I assume you mean the signature similar to mine. Just click on mine, and it will take you to the site. Access your account there. Then copy the link to your signature, go to your info on this site, and paste it there. SF

Got it done Bob,
    Thank you

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This is a very difficult Thread. WE, as Nam Vets, all have had similar.....and different experiences. Some, were funny, and happy to remember. Some were so violent, and traumatic, we've been locked up in rubber walled cells, in straight jackets, and I.V.'s put in our lower legs, so that we can't remove them. We know, that WAR is a terrible thing, it mentally, and physically, destroys a whole generation....AND, no political, or Military officials, learn a GOD-DAM thing, from it! IRAQ, and AFGHANISTAN, are REAL proof of that statement. That's it, for now! I'm getting fired-up, and don't want to lay awake all night....AGAIN! GOD HELP US WITH PAKISTAN!!! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU.....SEMPER FI.....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Looks like were headed for another Vietnam to me!
    I hate all the pull outs, not leaving enough to do good.
    I also hate the words advisers! We were just advisers for years in Nam, they wouldn't even call it a war.
    Do you really thing 50,000 troops will help?
    Why can't they just let us kick ass and get out?
    We have the troops, fire power and the willingness, WASHINGTON won't let us.
    Sound familiar?
    The price they put on our lives sucks.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    I also hate the words advisers! We were just advisers for years in Nam, they wouldn't even call it a war.
    Sound familiar?
    Semper Fi Redman1
    I don't think it's quite the same as Viet Nam except that there are far too many Politicos with their hands on the wheel. It makes me crazy.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    COUP.....you're RIGHT, too many DUMMIES, with hands on the wheel, and their HEADS, UP THEIR ASS!! GOD HELP US!!......DOC

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    Sound familiar?
    Semper Fi Redman1
    It's all political BS.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    Doc, I found this on this web site: http://www.art.com/asp/search_do.asp...1EE32A097D6E3E Their are quite a few there. This is my favorite. It touches me everytime I see it.
    Attachment 7124

I have that very same picture,framed and hanging on my wall....no words are needed.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    MCVET......Great web-site!! Downloaded 4 pic's, WELL WORTH IT!!!.....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The terrible thing is,,,, We Marines would do it again,,,,,,,and again, 'cause that's the stuff we're made of. Who Made Us????? We did,, with no regrets. SF, Bros,,,,,,

Thread Information