update on my ongoing saga to augment
Create Post
    Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

update on my ongoing saga to augment

I talked to the Gunnery Sergeant at the Recruiting station this morning and he told me:

"If we get a female in here who wants to go reserve, I will give her your spot and get you an active duty slot. But I can't do anything unless we get someone to fill your reserve slot."

So. Maybe I should start combing the high schools and find a female to take my spot. ha. I wish I knew more girls who weren't already married to Marines!

Does what he said jive with how things really go? It seems like an Active Duty contract would be more valuable to the office than a reserve contract.

Even if my Recruiter never comes through, I will still be a Marine. I just want more.

... wishing you luck!

You're recruiter is being difficult! While I don't know all the ins and outs of recruiting, it sounds like he is not doing all he could for you. I would look into talking to his SNCOIC or possibly his commanding officer to see if you have better luck with them.

I have to agree with E4B here. While I don't know the ins and outs of recruiting I do know that you can back out of a DEP contract up until the day before you ship. I don't see why they can't throw out that contract and just draw up a new one for active duty, possibly with an earlier ship date for ya.

... I'll be learning a lot from the people that respond to this thread. I'm sure I don't understand the innerworkings of this.

Credits
    Savings
    I don't see why they can't, either. I bet it has something to do with their numbers and requirements to meet their Recruiting Mission. They just don't want to lose the reserve contract. That is my current theory.

I know you've heard that "drop the contract and make a new one" theory of mine of how it could work out before ... I'm just as lost as you are.

Credits
    Savings
    I was thinking that the drop and get a new one theory might put a black mark on my name if they wanted to be difficult about it. :-/ bah!

I agree with you. I wouldn't do it and don't recommend it. I was just pointing out that I don't understand your recruiters.

Credits
    Savings
    We are from Mars, Recruiters are from Venus. ha!

Sixguns is about settled into his new digs. He'll be along directly to address some of these things.

He just found the box his 'puter was in today!

Credits
    Savings
    My computer is always the first thing I set up. Ha. I am an addict!

Thread Information