Damn Does it feel good.. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInVille View Post
    I prefer to call them Lance Criminals...

first off PFC, that's disrespect to Marines senior to you and and Marine who held that rank. Are you implying that we were/are criminals? that we do things that are against the law?

Devil Dog, I think you should wait until you can call yourself a LCpl before you start thinking up cute little nick names... I was Staffy Petzold once by a reservist... lets just say that was the last time I heard him say my name again.

You may think respect goes both ways, but that's only when it's initiated from the junior Marine... don't think I or any other Marine of lessor grade need respect in order to give it first.

read your Promotion warrent, memorize it.. and one day IF you are lucky enough to attain the rank of Cpl you will understand what I'm saying.

kill

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    "America doesn't need a Marine Corps, America wants a Marine Corps."

I know it was your recruiter that did that, but personaly I think thats not the wisest thing to do. Those old people could have been a senator, there goes my $$$ for new sapi plates.

I didn't have them during the invasion... Marines didn't have them in vietnam or korea.... why do you need them now? haha. get thicker skin Devil, you'll survive.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Damn Does it feel good

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    first off PFC, that's disrespect to Marines senior to you and and Marine who held that rank. Are you implying that we were/are criminals? that we do things that are against the law?

Devil Dog, I think you should wait until you can call yourself a LCpl before you start thinking up cute little nick names... I was Staffy Petzold once by a reservist... lets just say that was the last time I heard him say my name again.

You may think respect goes both ways, but that's only when it's initiated from the junior Marine... don't think I or any other Marine of lessor grade need respect in order to give it first.

read your Promotion warrent, memorize it.. and one day IF you are lucky enough to attain the rank of Cpl you will understand what I'm saying.

kill
    Well Said!!!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi Redman1

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I had a similar run in lately. I was on the inter-terminal train thing at KORD on my way back from Chicago with my father and step-mother. The only other person on the train was this man in his fifties, and he was wearing a MARINES lanyard, identical to the one I have for my car keys. Anyway, we had a conversation lasting the duration of the train ride, mostly about helicopters, his service, my to-be-service, but my parents were in complete awe. They couldn't understand the connection. When I got off of the train, the man yelled proudly "Semper Fi, Marine!" I know that if he was in uniform I would rate somewhere below maggot excrement and he would never say such a thing, but I was really happy none-the-less. My parents did not say anything for a while after that.

Last edited by Books; 02-23-09 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnetics View Post
    I would have loved to do that L.Cpl, but I dont think I can just jump out of formation on a run with the Sgt yelling cadence at my side. I Just hope I see that old man again on a random walk and be able to thank him.

L.Cpl ??????? What the F**K does that mean?????? Boy, you just P***ed me off.... Now get down and gimmee a HUNDRED. Or better yet, take those 4 pullups and turn them into 50!!!!!! and I don't ever want to hear you say "OLD MAN" The next words coming out of your mouth better be "YES SIR, VETERAN SIR".........

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    L.Cpl ??????? What the F**K does that mean?????? Boy, you just P***ed me off.... Now get down and gimmee a HUNDRED. Or better yet, take those 4 pullups and turn them into 50!!!!!! and I don't ever want to hear you say "OLD MAN" The next words coming out of your mouth better be "YES SIR, VETERAN SIR".........

Better Yet, Take those 4 lame ass pullups you do and turn them into 50!!!!

Rocky,

Lance Corporal of the UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS.......
    100% Service Connected
    Semper Fi, Do Or Die..........

Doc Greek, can I get the Blue pill now??? (HA)........

Quote Originally Posted by Gnetics View Post
    Had PT this weekend, and while on the run and singing cadence we were passing by a old man..probably in his early 80's a little hunched over man. He had a veteran jacket on and his Navy ship cap on, and as we were approaching him he stood to the side stood up as straight as he could and saluted us as we ran by, that old man made me yell that cadence loud and proud..thanks old man..you gave this poolee some Moto to "keep on keepin' on"
    Someone mentioned you should have stepped out and shaked the man's hand and thank him. Then, you mentioned being in formation and afraid to get yelled at. Who gives a damn if you get yelled at? Your a poolee. Not even a Marine yet. Besides, once you get to bootcamp you will get yelled at all the time.

I jumped out of formation one time while running in Sasabo Japan. We were down there to help beef up security when the USS New Jersey (battle ship) was pulling into port. There were a bunch of old Navy Vetserans there on a tour/reunion. Sasebo isn't very far from Hiroshima. These guys starting yelling (good type of yelling) as we ran by. Even the youngest looking man in that group looked old enough to be my grandfather. I was a Cpl and these guys really motivated me so much that I just had to stop and thank them. When my platoon Sgt saw what I did, he turned the platoon around and came back to do the same thing. We all shook their hands and before you knew it, we had been there for over 30 minutes while they told us their sea stories. Once we got back to the barge (grey hilton) we were staying on, my platoon Sgt reamed me a new one. He said I put him in the spotlight because I jumped out of formation by myself and he kept going. After he chewed my arse, he addmittied it was fun to listen to those guys. Sometimes an arse chewing is worth it. That one definitely was.

Its not me...

I would totally be happy with an LBV and a kevlar. Someone runs at you, shoots at you, and then runs away...no one can freaking catch him because your flak alone weighs 60 freaking pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I would totally be happy with an LBV and a kevlar. Someone runs at you, shoots at you, and then runs away...no one can freaking catch him because your flak alone weighs 60 freaking pounds.

I know I'm a little late in on this one, and veering off the subject but,,,,what are you doing running after someone that shoots at you, doesn't that constitute deadly force? Maybe if you were a little faster on the draw and could hit what you're aiming at then you wouldn't have to run after someone shooting at you.

Bullets travel fast. What's that old saying, don't run - cause you'll only die tired....

wookie.... that's a great point!!! hhahaha.

The original idea of this post was not meant to offend anyone, It was meant as motivation and that is all. I should have stopped and shaken that Veterans hand even if I was to be yelled at.
    I also made a mistake and did not address the Lance Corporal as appropriate and I apologize, it will not happen again. I would like to say thank you to any and all Marines that have corrected me in my errors. If I have at any point offended any Marine or Veteran I am sorry, I did not at any point try to offend anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post

YES SIR, VETERAN SIR

On the shaking the hand of a veteran subject....alot of times an old veteran...of any branch....won't tell you he is a veteran. If he isn't wearing anything that would recognize him as a vet that is....and I agree that you should have broken rank and gone and shaken his hand. The utmost respect is always given to those who have come before you and sacrificed blood, sweat and tears...sometimes their lives.

Thats what its all about....paying respect to those who have definitely earned it...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Poolee GENETICS well taken. Carry On
    If your attitude stays the same you will be a good Marine
    Lets keep this post for what it started to be
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Poolee's remember we don't want any Pussy's the have the Eagle, Globe, Anchor
    Respect your old farts like me
    When I was in San Francisco at the Air Port on the way to Nam I was in my uniform and a former Marine said something smart to me but I don't remember now what it was. He was in Civies and I didn't know he had was a Marine but I replied "What's it to you, kiss my ass" He said Carry On Marine I see things haven't change much since I was on Active Duty. I then Saluted him and thanked him for his service.
    I was a Buck Sergeant back then and thought I could whip anyone's ass.
    Most of us are Old Farts now but we still kick ass and will blow you away.
    Hold your head high and learn as much as you can. Marine training is the BEST there is so you need to grip on to it and you will survive. When you ever do make it and deploy you will have the BEST training you could ever get and its up to you what you do with it.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Thread Information