Life after basic. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubemaniac View Post
    Hmm.. my cousin a Sgt. in the Corps said they would let you chose in boot camp.
    They might let you choose left coast or east coast. I have heard of this on a few occaisions.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    They might let you choose left coast or east coast. I have heard of this on a few occaisions.
    Left coast, Gunny?

California is definitely the left coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    California is definitely the left coast.
    LOL, okay, now that you said that, I kinda get what Gunny was saying.

I thought he just had a slip of tongue, but now I get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by giveen View Post
    LOL, okay, now that you said that, I kinda get what Gunny was saying.

I thought he just had a slip of tongue, but now I get the joke.
    I ain't that old......yet.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    I ain't that old......yet.
    LMAO as the tears role down my cheeks.
    Gunny my friend, you are too funny!!!!

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by cubemaniac View Post
    Well I'm going to chose to be stationed at Camp Lejeune because its a lot closer to my hometown so when I get some leave I could chose to drive home instead of buying a plane ticket. And sorry i didn't know there was a difference between calling it basic and boot camp...I won't make that mistake again.
    LOL ok...thats what I thought and im in Hawaii.

How about another situiation you seem to be overlooking? I don't know why anyone on this earth would wan't to bring there girlfriend around Marines? Even if you are a Marine. HAHA I guess Ive just heard to many stories.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Couldn't tell you what life is like after basic - never served in any other branch of service. Life after boot camp is pretty much like a regular job......................................except when the Unit CO rolls over in the middle of the night, tells his wife to give him some PT, she says "no" and he's left wide awake with nothing to do except torture the lower enlisted that live in the barracks by calling them up and seeing how fast they can get to their Shops. You won't have time for a shower and/or your normal SSS'ing routine. You have just enough time to throw on your uniform, grab your toothbrush, slap some toothpaste on it to take with you and move your a$$ to your post!

Ahhhhhhh...............................good times!

In my MOS school we were all given a choice between "Left" coast, East coast, and overseas. This doesn't mean we were guaranteed to get our choice. It was still based on the needs of the Marine Corps.

However, my MOS is extremely small, so somehow everyone in my class of 30 got their preference (except two Marines, who were forced to stay behind at Camp Johnson because they were on medical hold).

Motor T is a very large MOS. If I am correct it is the second largest MOS in the Marine Corps. That basically means you have no say in the matter where you are stationed.

In terms of bringing your girlfriend around Marines. I definitely don't recommend it. In a certain town which shall remain nameless, almost every stripper at all three strip clubs is the wife of a Marine who is deployed... *coughcough* Not that I indulged, of course...

All you have to say is Jacksonville man...

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    All you have to say is Jacksonville man...
    Roger that, Cpl. I knew most Marines would pick up on it (the Camp Johnson hint as well as the fact that Jacksonville is notorious).

Basic

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    I hate it when civilians call Marine Corps recruit training 'basic'! This ain't the Army, there is nothing 'basic' about the Marines. Call it boot camp or recruit training, but never call it 'basic'.
    I'll agree with basic b/c some of the people in there ARE BASIC!

Thunder...who are you and what are your credentials???

Quote Originally Posted by lthunder View Post
    I'll agree with basic b/c some of the people in there ARE BASIC!
    The idiot speaks again!

Thread Information