The Carlos Hathcock Story - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had the honor of meeting him twice......once when he was on tour at Camp Lejuene and another when he gave a speech about the changing of the Corps in late 1988...August I think it was. He did remember me by saying, "I remember this big guy." It was such an honor and a priviledge. I was shocked that he remembered my ugly mug....!! LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    I had the honor of meeting him twice......once when he was on tour at Camp Lejuene and another when he gave a speech about the changing of the Corps in late 1988...August I think it was. He did remember me by saying, "I remember this big guy." It was such an honor and a priviledge. I was shocked that he remembered my ugly mug....!! LOL....
    So you think your the only big ugly mug in the Corps huh? Hello!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    So you think your the only big ugly mug in the Corps huh? Hello!!!
    ..Maybe mine was the only ugly mug" that the Gunny could remember....LOL....he didn't remember my name but my face he sure did...he was a real polite guy too I remember....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    ..Maybe mine was the only ugly mug" that the Gunny could remember....LOL....he didn't remember my name but my face he sure did...he was a real polite guy too I remember....
    I'm more than a little jealous bro. Must of been a real cool experience. SF

In 1984
    I happened to meet GySgt. Hathcock by a flooke of luck. Nothing else.
    I was a boot L/Cpl. in French Creek at 2nd Anglico. One day, Ssgt. Ratcliffe Aka: Danger Dan said, McDaniel get the jeep around front. I want you to see something. He had me drive out to Camp Gieger. We had picked up this Sgt. from 2nd Force Recon. Who, Danger Dan knew. He had just completed sniper school.

Apparently, GySgt. Hathcock used to be part of the graduation ceramonies back then.
    He was standing out front shaking hands with the Marines that had graduated.

Danger Dan walks up to him with me to tow and introduced me. What a handshake.
    Danger Dan and GySgt. Landrum used to tell stories about him. I just remember being very apprehensive about just talking to anyone above the rank of L/Cpl.

Last edited by sadibenz; 03-06-09 at 12:45 AM. Reason: insert year

I met GySgt Gunney Hathcock before you knew what... It was terrifying. He knows the marines inside and out. He knows how to hit a man dead center on any pressure point and get the score. In any case, I read both books meeting up with this man. Never want to do it again... WR

Thread Information