The Lieutenant that became a Sgt Major
Create Post

The Lieutenant that became a Sgt Major

http://www.okinawa.usmc.mil/public%2...mastriano.html

This is a very interesting read, i should put it in the open squad bay but I want you poolees to see that in the Marine Corps...no joke, anything is possible.

Thats a pretty cool reading.

Outstanding, OOHRAH.

Thank you for sharing that, Corporal. That's a good read.

He resigned his commission and became a staff sergeant
    Well thats convenient. Sounds vaguely similar to pops' bio who managed to attend OCS with a two year contract. This was a clerical blunder and at some point during training "they" told him he needed to extended another two years to be commissioned 2ndlt. He said no, and they made him an admin corporal at Quantico which he remained until his two years was up.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Well thats convenient. Sounds vaguely similar to pops' bio who managed to attend OCS with a two year contract. This was a clerical blunder and at some point during training "they" told him he needed to extended another two years to be commissioned 2ndlt. He said no, and they made him an admin corporal at Quantico which he remained until his two years was up.
    Never heard of anything like that.
    "quite possibly being the only retired sergeant major who has never been a noncommissioned officer."

Good read Cpl.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    http://www.okinawa.usmc.mil/public%2...mastriano.html

This is a very interesting read, i should put it in the open squad bay but I want you poolees to see that in the Marine Corps...no joke, anything is possible.
    Great story Achped,good moto....

I fail to see how being a LT qualifies someone to be a staff Sgt.... but hey, he commanded troops, I suppose he could handle the job right?

I just see it as double standards.

Was wondering about a SNCO's thoughts on that, or an officers.

Well hell I couldn't begin to do that Marines job past building a pot of morning coffee but what makes me grimace is when military or civilian personnel who are not retired habitually say: "back when i was in"

If you're drawing wages on somebody's active duty payroll, you're still "in" pard

I knew SgtMaj Mastriano when I was in Oki....can't believe he's still there.

he married to a woman there??? I find it hard for him to be ABLE to stay when he retires like they say if he has no anchor to Japan.....

Thread Information