P90x - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P90x

Saw this thread and figured I would give my 2 cents.

I ordered it not too long ago along with the Pull Up Bar, a free Resistance Band and the P90X+. Currently Im doing the "Lean" workout section for the first 90 days, followed by the + edition (which is mostly all cardio) for the following 90 days then who knows from there. I really like the fact that the diet is, in my opinion, very customizable which we all know diet plays a big key in any type of overall health. Some are skeptical about the workouts such as Stretching X, Yoga X and Kenpo X, these workouts, like with most, you get out of them what you put in them. Nothing like 2-A-Days but you do break out a sweat.

the p90x does work it will build your stamina and make ur pt much better, it does work!

P90X is good. My brother and I did it. I'm a huge fan of crossfit though.

www.crossfit.com

The site is extremely informative and my PT has shot through the roof with the workouts. All you need is 30-45 minutes. I have a membership at the local Golds and I do everything there. I was into lifting first and eating alot. That's how I gained the mass. Then I started doing the conditioning and crossfit and I started leaning up. I stay at my weight now and I'm at a steady balance between power and endurance. My BF dropped as well, alot. You just have to push yourself and regulate your diet. I have never sweat so much in my life before CF. It's a tough workout.

Insanity, is in my opinion a much better workout than P90x as it is all cardio and plyo work. If you get that and a pullup bar and do the Armstrong pullup program i can almost gurantee a 1st class pft.

I started P90x in late December, 2008 and did it until mid-February, 2009. I was not over weight (180lbs), but I was out of shape. When I first started out it was tough, but after a month I got used to the work outs and then it changed. I was fine with that, but after I started the second phase and got into the routine I got bored. It is VERY repetitive (at least it seemed that way to me), but if you can get over that aspect then you will get in good shape.

I did it for about a month and a half and then quit due to boredom, not lack of motivation. I decided I wanted to go out and exercise rather than do the same few routines every week for a month and then change it. P90x did jump start my body into exercise mode, though. After I quit I continued to lose 20 lbs over 2 months by doing nothing, but eating a little better and getting a little more active.

So stick with it if you want to get in great shape. If you try it and don't like it then you still have a basic idea of what you need to do and what's most effective for you.

I've never heard of crossfit what is it? i would of loved to try it but i only have one week before I ship to Boot so owell.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy09 View Post
    I've never heard of crossfit what is it? i would of loved to try it but i only have one week before I ship to Boot so owell.
    Dont worry about it then. Just do calisthenics and rest before you ship.

Thread Information