Reserve Enlistment Bonus
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Reserve Enlistment Bonus

I just saw Kade62587's post about a Reserve Bonus in the "Ask a Marine" section of the forum. I found some information regarding this topic at http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marin...esenlbonus.htm and I figured I would share. God bless.

Good job, Poolee.

Thank you, Sir.

I believe my recruiter already put me in for those but I will have to double check. Thanks.

Mike

Yeah, my recruiters put me and another 92 dayer on the 6-2 so we could get some money for college.

The one thing that confuses me is at the top of the page is states: "The Marines are offering an enlistment bonus of $20,000 for individuals who enlist in the Marine Corps Reserves in specified Military Occupation Specialties during Fiscal Year 2008"

It goes on to say later on that: "The $10,000 enlistment bonus is paid in a lump-sum following completion of initial active duty training"

There may be a bit of confusion on the amount that is supposed to be given. No worries though, if you make it, you will all be Marines and no one can take that away from you. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by lagrand
    There may be a bit of confusion on the amount that is supposed to be given. No worries though, if you make it, you will all be Marines and no one can take that away from you. God bless.
    That's what I am saying. I didn't know everything was all about the money, I thought just being a Marine would be enough hah.

And you are indeed correct. Not even all the money in the world would be able to replace the title that YOU have earned. You will be one of the few, the proud, the Marines!

Yeh I am receiving the kicker and the $20,000 for MOS 3531/3533

Good stuff Danger. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to enlist in the 6x2 option correct?

Good information thanks for posting.

No problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lagrand
    Good stuff Danger. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to enlist in the 6x2 option correct?
    I did...according to my research that is the only way to get it.

Is there a catch or some fine print to this bonus that I'm not noticing?

I DEP'd into the reserves, back in the beginning of December with a 3531 MOS. I had no idea about any bonus or GI bill kicker, and my recruiter never mentioned anything. So does this mean I'm eligible for this 10 grand after completing MCT and job school? I don't want to get my hopes up for the money and then find out I won't get it because of some loophole.

I have no desire to recieve $20,000 for joining the Reserves.

Thread Information