international info request
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

international info request

Hello,
    I am finding myself in a rather bothersome situation, I wish to enlist and would like to speak with a recruiter however since I am not currently living in the states I am unable to provide the necessary information to get a recruiter to talk to me on the Marines site or even military . com (this is zip code, US addy, US phone number, etc) . now I am 21 years old and a college sophomore so i'd like to know if that would be in any way helpful. also I'd like to know how much time between enlistment and shipping out as I will be travelling to the states and would need to make some arrangements in order to find some housing till i ship out to boot camp.
    thank you for any and all information.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    this is zip code, US addy, US phone number, etc
    You don't need this information to fill out a profile on this site and also read the rules in the Poolee Forum about posting.

You can also search this site as this question has been asked numerous times before!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Trying not to sound paranoid but 2 dozen annomous posts about how to gain a security clearance and a handful more about how to get in the service from a foreign country during the last week. Something smells fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulkyker View Post
    Trying not to sound paranoid but 2 dozen annomous posts about how to gain a security clearance and a handful more about how to get in the service from a foreign country during the last week. Something smells fishy.
    Seems like some Americans living abroad want to serve their country, nothing wrong with that is there?

I searched prior to posting but did not find the answers I was looking for, ergo this post. Also if I have unwittingly violated any rules please PM me telling me what I have done wrong so that I may correct the mistake asap.
    Thank you for your help.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pretty squared away profile you have there. Have you tried any recruiting websites?

Thank you, no I wasn't aware there were recruiting websites other than military(dot)com and the Marines site, both of which offer you the opportunity to contact a recruiter or get a recruiter to call you, however you can only do this if you live in the States as they require you to give them a US phone number which I don't have,as per 1-800-MARINES I can't call because it is only for calls originating from the states. So should any of you have a phone number for a recruiters office or a email addy I could get in touch with a recruiter with I would be extremely gratefull.
    I found some posts here that had some recruiters however they seems to be dead threads as some date as far back as 2002.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Crap I'll do the leg work for you .... here you go. Don't expect me to be humping your pack in the future though

http://www.marines.com/rmi

I have tried that site already, it wont work it tells me I have to be in the States if I want information. :S thanks though

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    How long are you going to be out of the states?

You can also Google or another search engine for the recruiter in your hometown in New Jersey or close to your hometown.....for a phone #.

Or call a friend or relative for same.

Explain your situation if you are on an education or employment visa....or what the situation is and what the time frame will be for your return.

This is a slow process even if you are in the United Sates it is going to be a whole slower going this route.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just for grins I walked myself through that whole website I provided. Couple check boxes on there to indicate you don't live in the states. I live in Germany. I'm almost old enough to fart dust so doubt a recruiter will contact me but I had no difficulty completing that form.

Well I tried that site again and this is what comes out.
    You must live in the USA, US Territories or have an APO/FPO address to request information.
    and then says my phone number has to be ten digits...
    I'm currently residing in Ecuador as my mothers side of the family is from here. I currently have no real return date, I would be going back to the states solely to enlist and serve my country, so I believe I'll need to make some arrangements to see where I can crash until I get shipped out. by the way thanks for the idea of googling for the specific recruitment office.

Have you tried going to the Embassy and speaking to someone there?

Well that was a bit of a challenge, I googled for specific recruiting offices and after some tries got the one at Washington New Jersey. Btw it seems one CAN call 1800MARINES from abroad however they charge a hefty fee :S but I guess thats ok. Anywho my recruiter answered my questions in a very prompt and friendly manner so if all goes well I should be stateside around the 10th and ship out not long after that.
    Thank you very much for your help.

In order to work (this includes military service)you must have a green-card.Without it,no way.I'm speaking from personal experience.After I got a job offering in the U.S.,it took THREE YEARS TO GET MY GREEN-CARD!Thank God my employer kept the job open to me!I don't mean to get you down,but NO GREEN-CARD - NO WAY!!!!!

Usa

All this hassle overseas goes to show: there's no place like home.

Thread Information