Assisted vs Non-Assisted - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Okay, try doing the Armstrong Pull Up program. If you can do 12-15 it will bring you up to 20 in four weeks. If you can't do that much it will probably bring you up to at least ten in the same amount of time. It is an easy ten minute workout, five days a week. All it takes is the dedication to get on the bar for ten minutes, five days a week.

I can't say I'm as experienced as some of the other voices here, but I've found that just getting up on the bar as much as possible helps. I started off at 4 a few months ago and for a while was plateaued at 7 until I did a few sets of pullups with a weight hanging. Few days later I hit the bar again and was up to 8.

I tried doing the Armstrong method, but I didn't have access to a bar enough to keep up with it. The weight assist machines haven't done me much good either.

Since the kids where looking at me funny at the park for doing pull ups on there monkey bars lol...I ended up buying an Iron gym Door Pullup bracket..I leave it on my door next to the restroom so everytime I pass by I do my max of Pull ups..underhand, then wide grip and then a couple negatives. Has helped me go from zero to around 4 underhand and 2 wide grip. Now to get that running time down...

Thread Information