Gunner..any fun facts?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gunner..any fun facts?

Any Machine Gunners out there?

I was wondering if anyone knew any fun facts about the m240, . 50, or the mark?

I got the general knowledge and even advanced knowledge..but I'm making a wall of knowledge so to speak in my room and I wanted to put up some fun facts like the .50 cal will dislocate your shoulder if shot within a foot of your shoulder. (thats what I heard)

stuff like that.

Just trying to make it look cooler and all that jazz.

thanks

seybert

Quote Originally Posted by Seyborg View Post
    I wanted to put up some fun facts like the .50 cal will dislocate your shoulder if shot within a foot of your shoulder. (thats what I heard)
    I can tell you right now, that is not true.

Yeah, I figured. I just wanted to use that as an example.

There are 50 cal. sniper Rifles now that will make a human torso explode from 1.4-5 miles away. It has no more re-coil than a 30-06. I have the clip of it. There is now a 40 mm sniper weapon as well, that will blow the top half of the body completely off. Very clean too, I might say.

Thats what I'm talking about....

excellent

you should call your wall of knowledge your walledge. that just occured to me.

the 50 cal is super heavy, when you put that on your wall, i want credit for it.

Yeah I know that! I humped that **** yesterday lol. Sucks.

COME ON PEOPLE. COOL STUFF YO

lol

Justin,check your messages, and mail it to me.

the .50 cal can cut a man in half when he is sideways to the muzzle.

the mark can blow someone up.

the 240G fires a .308 round.

the 240G is not meant to be fired when not mounted (no shoulder firing or from the hip)

the .50 cal is being replaced with a .50 cal that shoots more than twice as fast (1100 rpm)

the .50 cal needs to be timed correctly or it will kill you when the round explodes depending on your sitting position.

the 240G needs to have it's gas piston cleaned properly with the scraping tools provided in the cleaning kit or it will have extremely sluggish firing rates or will jam after the first round, effectively becoming a .308 rifle.

an ACOG on the 240B makes you look like you don't know what you are doing.

a run-away mark-19 makes for a fun day.

watching someone try to break the links of a run-away .50 cal is funny, as long as they don't swing the weapon in your direction.

When the long axis of the target coincides or nearly coincides with the long axis of the beaten zone it is called enfilade fire.

Enfilade fire is a machine gunners wet dream

There is nothing sweeter than talking guns.

Mission of the machine gun is to support the forward advance of the rifle platoons.

and when it's mounted on a vehicle?

Provide a base a fire to advance or supress.

A 240 will provide over 60% of the firepower in a firefight. You try to gain fire superiority within the first few moments of an engagment by delivering an overwhelming volume of fires on target.

If you have 2 guns things you want to remember

Interlock the fields of fire. ( Go 2 mils out and 2mils in)

Talking Guns.( Conserve ammunition and allow for continued suppression when changing barrels or reloading)

Our pigs can reach out and touch someone. Pick your deep targets and move in .

DONT MILK THE F*CKING TRIGGER!!!!! Youll wear the sere down and thats how you get runaway guns.

If you do get a runaway gun don't snap the belt , unless you truly have to . You'll fuc* up the feedtray .

Wait Wait Wait ...Before you open up the cover if you have a hang-fire. Having one go off in your face really smarts.

Most Important!!!!

31's Dont fall out of no f*cking hump. You die before you give up your gun. Kill Babies.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    Our pigs can reach out and touch someone. Pick your deep targets and move in .

great point... your enemy will think your aim sucks and when the guys behind them are not there anymore it's too late for that guy in the front.... what a tool.

there was a sharp shooter in WWI that used that approach and got some medal for it... he took out an entire platoon of advancing germans when he was the only guy left... he was so effective the germans didn't advance on his position until it was too late and he got re-enforcements.

read that in history class in 9th grade.

Its also because a saws range and 16's range is shorter. Let them pick off the closer ones while you go outside their range and hunt.

That story was that Audy Murphy or was that WW2?

Thread Information