Can I join any military branch with this?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow Can I join any military branch with this?

I am 16, planning on joining the military when I graduate in 2010. I got into trouble for domestic assault. I really want to join. I was NOT tried as an adult, and I was NOT convicted. Would I be able to join? I know you can't join if you were convicted of this, even though it's a misdemeanor. Would I be able to enlist though, even though I was not convicted? Also, does it show up on my record if I did diversion?

Morally, I certainly hope it was justified. Here's another one that I don't think I want in my Marine Corps. A stain on my honor.

In my opinion, only the best should be afforded the opportunity to join my beloved ranks. The Corps is very selective in choosing its members; our high standards separate us from all the other services. Hopefully you understand where I am going with this, not everyone can be a Marine. I am interested in knowing why you think you'd make a good Marine?

There are always the other services who would be more than willing to sweep this under the rug.

I am not particularly going to join the Marines. I may, I have not decided on which branch to serve, yet. This incident has only happened once, and it got out of hand. It definitely won't happen again. But since I was a juvenile, and was NOT convicted, that I would be able to enlist in the military?

Did you pay a fine?

Marine Free Member 2ndLAADBnWRENCH's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

User name oxymoron to the question here

I just dropped a reality check on your front lawn. Go to profile page and follow directions. While I was doing this Comm Dog was being polite and using great restraint elequently in his choice of words being typed appon these pages. Diversion after all you did and got a pass from the minor judge with no conviction??? I suggest you be a good civilian while doing local programs to deal with the cause of why you are asking these questions in the first place. Be a man and take the place in life you chose and drive on with following the rules set for all to follow. We have a member here that is in chat room often. Look for a user name with Monk in it. He is a recruiter and a very special man in our beloved Corps. You can ask him your questions and be prepared to face a reality check as the standards in the Marine Corps is just a tad bit higher than most other services. I wish you luck and god speed in your challenges you have chosen in life.

Yes, you will be able to join. One thing you need to keep in mind is the high stress that military service puts on you and your ability to deal with it. Even though you haven't gone into detail about what happened, your ability to deal with stress has already shown through. I wish you luck that you can get on with your life and learn from your mistakes, but seriously take a look at your abilities and the job opportunities that are out there.

If he paid a fine , it may count.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    Did you pay a fine?
    No, I did not pay a fine.

ok . Talk to a recruiter. Why are you on some website with a bunch of sealawyers telling you yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    ok . Talk to a recruiter. Why are you on some website with a bunch of sealawyers telling you yes or no.
    I did talk to a recruiter, and he didn't have an exact answer, but since I'm 16, he said call back when I turn 17, and he'll set up a meeting.

I was just wondering what you guys thought, because I would just like to know if you think the chances of me getting into the military are good or bad?

Juv. records get sealed, even if it is a DV charge. Again what most people said, you are just going to have to see when you get old enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndLAADBnWRENCH View Post
    While I was doing this Comm Dog was being polite and using great restraint elequently in his choice of words being typed appon these pages.
    commdog7 is a female Marine...just thought I'd let you know

Another non-consensual sex change, when will they learn....

Quote Originally Posted by commdog7 View Post
    Another non-consensual sex change, when will they learn....
    Free, elective surgery

I may not have a penis, but I got Balls!

Thread Information