USMC Rank Stucture - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    dang cant find the duties but do i get extra credit for naming all four?

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    dang cant find the duties but do i get extra credit for naming all four?
    You do... but it still doesn't count towards finding the duties. You can quadruple your pushups or do them until Adm. Nimitz is tired.

Carry on.

Credits
    Savings
    roger that

Fleet Admiral of the United States Navy (FADM), or more commonly referred to as Fleet Admiral, is a five-star flag officer rank and is presently considered the highest possible rank in the United States Navy. A special grade of Admiral of the Navy, which ranks above Fleet Admiral, does exist but has only been confirmed once in the history of the Navy. Fleet Admiral ranks immediately above admiral and is equivalent to General of the Army and General of the Air Force; there is no established equivalent five-star rank in the other four uniformed services. The Fleet Admiral rank is reserved for war-time use only and the grade is not currently active in the 21st century military

Let's add more fun to it. A group of 3 officers are approaching you. You outdoors, not in a working party, are in your Service Charlies and covered. The group of officers consists of one male Marine Captain, one female Marine Captain and one male Navy Captain.

1) How many salutes are you required to cut.

2) Who do you greet first? How and why?

3) If coming up behind this group, what side do you pass them on, if any?

You earn 20 bends and thrusts for each correct answer.

An incorrect answer earns you the bends and thrusts as well as 10 Blood n Guts.

A barf bag and a gallon or two of water are recommended if you want to survive.

Credits
    Savings
    1. once
    2. you greet them as a group with proper greeting such as good afternoon mam and gentleman
    3. side/direction doesnt matter

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    1. once
    2. you greet them as a group with proper greeting such as good afternoon mam and gentleman
    3. side/direction doesnt matter
    1. Good... it goes without saying that you would wait until they have rendered their salutes before ending yours.

2. Good job on this one; although a stickler would prefer Good afternoon, ma'am. Good afternoon, gentlemen.

3. You were doing so well.... Add 10 Blood N Guts to your prescribed PT and get me an answer that isn't unsat.

As for everyone else, I hope you enjoy your weekend. I'll be back on Sunday or Monday.

Semper Fi.

Credits
    Savings
    cant find navy rank structure, ill keep looking though

Credits
    Savings
    You pass on the left, as the position of honor is on the right?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There were two Generals of the Armys ... Pershing and Washington .. Washington is senior among the two. Neither had an 0-11 pay grade and actually Washington was a 2 star.

Do they still have the "Marine Gunner." He wore a bursting bomb one one side of his collar.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Do they still have the "Marine Gunner." He wore a bursting bomb one one side of his collar.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Gunner

I don't think it says anything about when they were in service, or if they still are in service.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Yes, they just replace the CWO insignia on the left collar with the Bursting Bomb insignia.

Worked for a Marine Gunner Alexander in 1st MarDiv Ordnance. This guy refused to salute 2dLt's at any time and had the General chewing his azz for not doing it. The guy had over 30 years active so I would say he gets a pass.

Credits
    Savings
    Think you forgot Senior LCpl on your chart, pal...

Thread Information