PT’ed to death
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PT’ed to death

Just a question , lets say your feel your ticker is about to give out on you and it is different then pushing through the pain, what would happen if the DI could not motivate you to run anymore?

IN 2005 SAN DIEGO ---- An unidentified Marine private died Thursday morning during a two-mile run at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot, a Marine spokesman said, the second death during a training exercise at the base this week.

The study found that most of the exercise-related deaths were from cardiac problems, while heat stress was the second-leading cause.

Just a thought I had after reading this…

Quote Originally Posted by Knight86 View Post
    Just a question , lets say your feel your ticker is about to give out on you and it is different then pushing through the pain, what would happen if the DI could not motivate you to run anymore?

IN 2005 SAN DIEGO ---- An unidentified Marine private died Thursday morning during a two-mile run at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot, a Marine spokesman said, the second death during a training exercise at the base this week.

The study found that most of the exercise-related deaths were from cardiac problems, while heat stress was the second-leading cause.

Just a thought I had after reading this…
    Well at least this soul went down trying . If you feel your left side go numb .......what can you do, really ? I wonder if that recruit was hydrated properly(heat being a factor in their death) ? But you know the most fit and hydrated person can kill over in a second when God's ready for him/her.And the Drill Instructor I'm sure is taught what to look for as far as warning signs for heat stress and such .And if you feel your ticker going ,its too late anyways ,you can go side straddle hopping through the Pearly Gates .

You could die of cardiac arrest when cleaning toilets working at Taco Bell......

It's like dieing (cardiac arrest) when you're having sex; what would you rather be doing?

Suck it up, drink water.

And, if you die at Parris Island (not sure about SD) but if you die at PI, even if you don't earn the title you'll still go to heaven.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You die!

Just for information........one can have the most complete up to date medical physical...be given a certified clean bill of health...by a civilian/military/contract sawbones...and walk out of the office and down the block and kick the dirt!

Example....young man playing football for high school...gets physical...plays/practices and dies on the field of some underlying cardiac disease......no immediate cause of death until autopsy....shiat happens!

If you have chest pains and you drop out of a run or hump....HOPE/WISH that you are having a heart attack because if its gas and all you have to do is fart.........you may wish that you was dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    You die!

If you have chest pains and you drop out of a run or hump....HOPE/WISH that you are having a heart attack because if its gas and all you have to do is fart.........you may wish that you was dead!
    Sir, may I please use that phrase as my signature ? That is the greatest thing I've read in a while

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Go for it!

Thank you Sir !

Quote Originally Posted by Wes40138 View Post
    But you know the most fit and hydrated person can kill over in a second when God's ready for him/her.
    These types of thoughts scare me that people believe these things. That's all I'm saying on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    You die!

Just for information........one can have the most complete up to date medical physical...be given a certified clean bill of health...by a civilian/military/contract sawbones...and walk out of the office and down the block and kick the dirt!

Example....young man playing football for high school...gets physical...plays/practices and dies on the field of some underlying cardiac disease......no immediate cause of death until autopsy....shiat happens!

This is exact thing happened to a kid on my football team in highschool. We were running not very hard either and when we went to get water he just dropped, started shaking gasping for breath.It was a hard thing to see happen, we still played our game that friday and won in a big way it was probably the most emotional win. Later that next week our coach told us he had some heart disease that never showed up on the sports phys required to play. Now our school makes all athletes sign a bigg contract and see a doctor before preseason.

One of the most prominent signs of heart problems is when your left shoulder goes numb for no apparent reason (most likely followed by tightness in your chest). You will know that it is something serious if it happens, there is pretty much no mistakening it. Don't take chances, request to go to medical and get checked out- it may be the difference between life and death.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight86 View Post
    The article makes it seem like it's normal that recruits die "every so often" at recruit training, but it is unusual that it has happened twice in one week... Now Im' curious; how many recruits die at recruit training every year?

When I was there last summer, I'm almost positive that a recruit died in the company ahead of mine. I know that several from that company dropped due to heat stroke on their 8 mile hike, including a DI. We caught wind of that from recruits from that company and when our 8 mile hike rolled around that next week, they shortened it to maybe 5 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    The article makes it seem like it's normal that recruits die "every so often" at recruit training, but it is unusual that it has happened twice in one week... Now Im' curious; how many recruits die at recruit training every year?
    I missed the suggestion. I just see that it was the 2nd in one week.

Quote Originally Posted by blackshirts View Post
    These types of thoughts scare me that people believe these things. That's all I'm saying on that...
    Whats so scary about it ? Do you think that people with beliefs are fools or something ? Mindless sheep maybe? Thats the impression I'm left with from your statement ,maybe I'm wrong . But I would elaborate a bit more on your thoughts so as to clear up any confusion .

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie0417 View Post
    When I was there last summer, I'm almost positive that a recruit died in the company ahead of mine. I know that several from that company dropped due to heat stroke on their 8 mile hike, including a DI. We caught wind of that from recruits from that company and when our 8 mile hike rolled around that next week, they shortened it to maybe 5 miles.
    Almost every year a recruit dies in boot camp. It is surprising that two died in one week, but it is possible. The majority of them are from the heat and previous medical conditions that they did not disclose when they joined/shipped. I remember when I was in boot, about 1/4 of my series dropped as heat casualties during one bad day on the range. I would go as far as saying that 1/2 of us were actually heat casualties, as most of us tried to hide our symptoms. Some recruits ended up spending a few days in the hospital due to heat stroke. It happens.

Thread Information