New Mom - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Mom

Great advice.

Don't forget to breathe and remember that you raised your son, you obviously raised him well if these are the choices he is making. Trust in yourself and him!

Welcome to the board. Great moms and dads on here!

My little brother is in Iraq now (Soldier) and I see the look on my mom's face and see a bit of what she went through with me. I don't know if it gets easier as you are always the parent, but you will adjust

Smile New Mom

Well I received my first letter.
    I was so excited!!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Now you're talking! Have a great time writing to your recruit...C.

happy for you just dont do what my Mom did sent a photo of herself in a halter top and shorts and wrote on the back how is this for a Marines sexy mom

Quote Originally Posted by HatfieldsMom View Post
    I was so excited!!
    I am so happy for you! My poor mailman was so used to me running out, when I had a letter from MCRD, he brought it to the door for me.

I wrote a letter to each of my two every single day, including Sundays. With each letter I wrote, I knew it was another day down. They loved it and saved every single one. If you send pictures, I found it easier to print four to a page and send them that way. It looked like a letter, they still got to see pics, and it didn't weight the envelope to bring attention to it.

awbrown, that is really funny.

I was so excited!!
    Good for you, how is his training going?

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    happy for you just dont do what my Mom did sent a photo of herself in a halter top and shorts and wrote on the back how is this for a Marines sexy mom
    Let the bending and thrusting begin, READY BEGIN,LOL.

Thumbs up Marine Mom

Thanks, he told me before he left I would be crying because I was proud! And I Know I will be!
    Hi Mom! That part you'll never quit..and yes, it will be because your so damn proud of him! Keep writing him all the letters you can, any information or news from home will be great for him to hear. More importantly support him and keep telling him you support what he's doing. When he comes home you'll see such a different man than the boy that went in. For yourself, read everything you can get your hands on and educate yourself on everything Marine. lol, my guys still tell me I was their best source of info sometimes. Believe me when you get 2 of them and their buddies in the house it's nice to know what they're talking about sometimes! I have a sign on my desk that was told to my by my oldest almost 8yrs ago and still get told from time to time..."Suck it Up...you're a Marine Mom now". Welcome to the best bunch of people you'll ever know!

Nelda

The best men I have ever known are Marines. I can promise you that he will be just fine! The next time you see him, he will blow you away. This boy that you've raised will come back to you as a grown, respectable, and upright MAN.

I know how attached we are to our kids.

Watching them leave the nest has GOT to be one of the roughest things a mother can do. Lean on your family and loved ones. This 3 months will pass faster than you think.

Oh, and before I forget...Nelda's motivational quote reminded me to share the one I have.

My wonderful stepmother gave me a refrigerator magnet when I married my Marine. It is still on my fridge today, and it says,

"Put on your big girl panties and deal with it."

At the end of the day...sometimes, that's all we can do.

Thread Information