Bad news...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad news...

Bad news...

Ok, I am totally BSing right now. Gunny got a call from BUMED and told him I was approved! Sgt. (my recruiter) was on his way to Enterprise High School, and called me. I think he is about as excited as me. Mainly because he can get me out of his hair (even if he is bald headed) now. Hopefully will be getting the rest of my paper work done tonight and BUMED is faxing the approval paper today. So hopefully I will be going to MEPs tomorrow! This doesn't explain half of what I did after the recruiter called. I know it doesn't mean I am a Marine, nor will I get through boot camp. But I've been fighting the medical boards since last December. This is one hell of a big step for me, and I am grateful for everything the Marine Recruiters in my town have done for me. They have seen a fatbody kid that was disqualified from the Navy, to refusing to come talk to the recruiter ( i was doing Navy because my parents wanted it, tried making them happy), to calling the recruiter once a week asking him questions about recruiting process (even though I was tryin to go Navy he helped me), to my best friend that graduates from Parris Island next Friday talking me into screw your parents do what you have wanted since you were a kid, to a kid that is now meeting the IST requirements, and weight requirements. Now hopefully by the end of the week, I can get this account changed to a Poolee status!

BSing right now ??????

I think he was BS'ing about the "Bad News" title like a d-bag so we would be more intrigued to look at his post. That was lame "future" but whatever. Glad to hear things are working out.

Lance Corporal, you're right. It was a pretty d*bag thing to do. Sorry my mind wasn't all there when posting this. I have been waiting for this moment for a year and a month. So common sense went out of the window for a moment. Once again, I apologize.

Sgt. I meant BSing about the bad news part. Common sense went out of the window for a moment. I'm back on track now.

I know the feeling Future, it took me about a year to finally enlist. Stay motivated!

Good to hear. Sometimes I take for granted how fast it took me. In July of '03 I was asking my cousin, who was in his chucks and fresh out of boot, "What do Marines do? And how are they different from the Army?"

By September of that year I was getting my ass handed to me by the DI's on MCRD. Spent one month in DEP.

Ok gald you made it let me know when you become a Poolie and then a Marine and as far as the BSing part 100 push-ups its not nice to fool a NCO like that LOL

Thats awesome! Make everyone proud .

Sgt. Brown, you got more than 100 push-ups while I was at PT today. Also a few mountain climbers and bend and thrust to go with them.

I'm going to MEPs Friday. I did find out, I was only approved to process with my physical. Not my waiver. So I get to do my physical and all, but do not get to swear in. Better than nothing, and a lot closer than what I have been at. Also have to do a mock IST at MEPs so they can see how physically fit I am. Not to worried about that. Though, Sgt. and Gunny both told me they can-not count that IST against me. They can only count it 30 days prior to shipping. Also found out earliest I will ship will be Aug-Sept time. Depending when I get approved for my waiver. IF I get approved for it I should say.

Quote Originally Posted by futurepoole08 View Post
    Sgt. Brown, you got more than 100 push-ups while I was at PT today. Also a few mountain climbers and bend and thrust to go with them.

I'm going to MEPs Friday. I did find out, I was only approved to process with my physical. Not my waiver. So I get to do my physical and all, but do not get to swear in. Better than nothing, and a lot closer than what I have been at. Also have to do a mock IST at MEPs so they can see how physically fit I am. Not to worried about that. Though, Sgt. and Gunny both told me they can-not count that IST against me. They can only count it 30 days prior to shipping. Also found out earliest I will ship will be Aug-Sept time. Depending when I get approved for my waiver. IF I get approved for it I should say.
    Ok bend and thrust until I get Tired,lol, Good Luck.

Will do Sgt..And thank you, I can use all the luck I can get at this point. My only problem will be getting that ship date changed. I don't want to be at Parris Island during that time of year, hah. Though, I'll go when they tell me to go.

Good news, glad to hear it. I can definitely tell you want the Title bad. Good luck, I got confidence in you bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Ok bend and thrust until I get Tired,lol, Good Luck.
    sound like my Senior DI only he would go get a chair to sit in

Quote Originally Posted by awbrown1462 View Post
    sound like my Senior DI only he would go get a chair to sit in
    Them were the days, never forget.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Having been that mean ass sgt that all fat bodies got to spend a couple hours in the morning with I have to say back away from the doughnuts or your next. Weight loss is a temporary thing if you let it be that way.

Thread Information